Greatest Charge Ever

--

August 22nd, 2004  
Fix bayonets

Topic: Greatest Charge Ever

What do you think the greatest charge (by infantry or cavalry) is?

I think the Charge of the Light Brigade at Balaklava 25th October 1854 because, they charged through three batterys of artillery and then fought hand to hand with the gunneres and a corps of russian cavalry, before retreating
August 22nd, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

I think the British bayonet charge, near Amara Iraq is the best cuz its so weird too hear about a charge with technology like today, and they killed 35 Iraqis.
August 23rd, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA

Napoleon's Cavalry charge at Waterloo, it was the single largest cavalry charge on European soil, and it was a complete failure. haha
--
August 23rd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Acta, you got a link to proove that? Ive never heard of it!
August 23rd, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Acta, you got a link to proove that? Ive never heard of it!
Here you are.
The first link doesn't work, but scroll down to find more info:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=1976
August 23rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Funny how its so much easier to recall all the disasterous charges in history. Astoundingly successful ones are rare throughout history.
August 23rd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Wow, thats quite the charge
August 24th, 2004  
bush musketeer

Topic: charges

for the cav i would say the 4th and 12th light horse charge at beersheba. they attacked with drawn bayonets cause they were not issued with swords at the time (being mounted infantry but used as cav)
advanced 4 miles to take the town and it wells. the first trenches were a mile and a half from there position. the advance was made against artilery,entreched infantry and machine guns. 59 officers 1090 or's, 9 guns, 7 limbers, 4mgs and other stores and equipment were captured for a loss of 32 men. it only lasted ten minutes but 1 VC, 6DSO'S, 4MC'S, 4DCM'S, AND 11MM'S WERE AWARDED.
for the infantry the british at albuera in 1811.
August 24th, 2004  
silent driller

The "Banzai" charges by the Japanese during WWII. Those boys were crazy!
August 26th, 2004  
craig

Totally agrre with bush musketeer
Australian light horse at beersheba
Brilliant and brave

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ianmac/bersheba.html