Got my new Suppressor

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
P7130052.jpg

Gemtech Outback II on a Sig Sauer 522 Semi-Automatic .22LR Rifle. QUITE is the word on this little puppy.....

The tin cans are DEAD! Silent Death will take them...... in my back yard! :lol:

I do not know why the just don't call the actually weapon the suppressor, if the operator hits you in the face, I say you are now "suppressed".

And thank the heavens above that there are still professionals out there , I am sick of motards looking at the image of beauty above and calling it a "silencer".

I almost bought the 522 with the built on the other day, but I wasn't really sure how it would be.

It is a .22 cal, you have to be a true marksmen (not undermining your professional skills 5.56) or just a plain badass to kill some feral hogs.

Also 5.56 being an LEO probably has landed him a FFL. But honestly I don't really care on dwelling in his business. Cause the piece is just beautiful.

Last edited:
The Suppressed .22LR is a toy..... Just fun taking it out to the range and doing some plinking. Have I gone after some hog with a .22LR? Yes.... in my youth when all I had was a old Marlin Model 20 bolt action and five bucks was a ton of cash to me.

Now I go after hogs with different toys. Mostly smoke poles front stuffers. Thinking of bagging a hog with my Colt 1860 .44 Cap 'N Ball.

Got two more cans on order.... one for my .223/5.56x45mm guns and also one for my .30 caliber rifles. The .223 can will go on my SBR M4 and the .30 can will go on my custom Ruger M77 MkII .30-06 and my Remington 700 VDL Heavy Barrel in .308 Winchester.

Are these things legal?

Do you need a suppressed assault rifle to hunt boars or something?

They're legal in most US States. Florida is one of them. :p

In Florida, hogs are considered pest animals if they're on private property. Thus they can be hunted any time of the year and there is no restriction in the method that they are hunted. On State Owned land it's different. They're game animals and there are restrictions and hunting seasons.

The rifle in the photo is chambered for .22 Long Rifle. It's a training rifle.... I got is mostly to do some target practice and plinking.

The rifle cost me $400. The Eotech on the rifle cost $450 and the Suppressor cost a total of $500. $300 for the can and $200 for the National Firearms' Act Tax since a suppressor is a NFA Item.

It is a .22 cal, you have to be a true marksmen (not undermining your professional skills 5.56) or just a plain badass to kill some feral hogs.

Also 5.56 being an LEO probably has landed him a FFL. But honestly I don't really care on dwelling in his business. Cause the piece is just beautiful.

I had a FFL before I became a cop. Owned a store and gun smithing business. Sold it to a friend and became a cop. I work part time at another place now just for fun.

Being a FFL is a pain.... I'll do it again but later when I'm older and I'm retired. I'm 26..... why should I slave myself to a store right now when I can do it in my 50s when I'm retired and bored?

That sounds like a plan lol, I know an sheriffs deputy who retired in one of the neighboring counties where I live, he got one, and collects war era machine guns and automatic rifles, more of a history buff than anything else, since restoration seems to be in mind with every acquisition of his.

It's not a bad hobby, I honestly admire gun smithing as one of the last true masonry type deals you can get into nowadays, a true art.

As for wild bores, there run pretty much rampant here in GA to, last time i checked however GA DNR does not have a set season, sense they are so numerous in number, and can be dangerous in the wrong situations. My dad shot one in the face with compound bow in our front yard at night one time, it was either that or let the animal kill our small dog.

If you are ever in the neighborhood.Popular place to hunt em around here is Fort Stewart GA, all the river hogs out there attracts a lot of hunters, just got get the permit to hunt there but other than. Just don't capture baby hogs and try to smuggle them home and raise them....one it's illegal, and for some not so bright people I know, for them that was a awful Christmas morning....

Back