A good question.

set a remote spike strip around 50m before the checkpoint and throw a bunch of sandbags in the road

Jersey barriers my friends...jersey barriers! Almost indestructable, can be laid out in zig zags, will absord a large amount of blast in the event of a VBIED, and almost impossible to "crash" through.

Post signs in the native tongue 300, 100, and 50 meters out that basically say "if you get stupid you will be destroyed". A 240B up in the tower to provide overwatch. Seperate areas at the checkpoint for vehicle and foot traffic constructed out of T-walls. A small security detail on the ground of 4-6 soldiers to process the traffic and check IDs. A holding area for suspects surrounded by concertina wire. Finally, a local QRF on call in the event that someone actually makes it close enough to cause any mayhem.

Jersey barriers my friends...jersey barriers! Almost indestructable, can be laid out in zig zags, will absord a large amount of blast in the event of a VBIED, and almost impossible to "crash" through.

Post signs in the native tongue 300, 100, and 50 meters out that basically say "if you get stupid you will be destroyed". A 240B up in the tower to provide overwatch. Seperate areas at the checkpoint for vehicle and foot traffic constructed out of T-walls. A small security detail on the ground of 4-6 soldiers to process the traffic and check IDs. A holding area for suspects surrounded by concertina wire. Finally, a local QRF on call in the event that someone actually makes it close enough to cause any mayhem.

I'm just going to break down and say it, when I made this thread the only thing I was really trying to ask is what means would you use to crack the engine block in a VBIED threat or any car load of morons trying to run your blockade.

Not some conjoured image I saw on tv, just wondering how effective that method of stopping a moving vehicle really is.

Ohhhhh...well, in that case, a M240B would do just fine. Basically any MG in the caliber of 7.62 would do the job fine. If you can't break the engine block in the first burst, you could always just turn the driver into a gelatinous glob of goo...

If you are a member here on the IMF and still have yet to question my sanity with logic then you may be in need of a check up yourself...

Prologue aside,

This is another simple thread in the field of small arms deployment.

Scenario is as follows.

You are a PMC/ Uniformed Fighting Man/Woman/ Terror Operative / Insurance salesman, who really cares, in a generic Middle Eastern desert.

You are in a 20 ft tower facing a checkpoint that is 200 meters from the wire, the threat is idiots who try to run that checkpoint via civilian motor vehicles for whatever scripted diabolical purposes.

Your job is to insure that whoever trys this method via day or night never makes it to your compound/ operating facilty/ Jolly Pirate Donuts this portion is not really important either.

One Stipulation,

You have been informed that any .50 calibre weapons are on back order until AFTER the conflict is over, THEN they will arrive...

So you have until then access to any small arms platform availble for anti engine block warefare. Except the obivous choice.

This thread is as simple as marriage to one of the Kardashian sisters, hopfully I didn't screw it up that bad,

As always if I am infringing on any OPSEC guidlines PM me, and I will ask the staff to remove the thread.

Regards,

Yo,

Well... if I could do it right I'd have a hidden OP providing advance info. But since I don't....

HESCO bastions and Jersey barriers would turn said two/three/four lane road into one. Have three stop points along the single lane. Nice big signs written in the local lingo with warnings such as "Prepare to stop vehicle for inspection. Failure to follow orders will result in use of deadly force."

If Johnny Jihad, Andy Al-Qaeda, or Tommy Taliban don't follow directions then they're getting a stitching of 7.62x51mm NATO API across the engine bloc and windscreen.

You said I have access to small arms except a M2 Browning.... are Claymores allowed for this mental exercise? Because if they are then I'd have them line the single traffic lane with HESCO Bastions s and Jersey Barriers behind them to direct the blast.

Out of sh%t and giggle.... what about a moat with Komodo Dragons in it? :pirate:

Out of sh%t and giggle.... what about a moat with Komodo Dragons in it? :pirate:

Yes those arrived in lieu of the bars of soap ordered before that.

However due to budget cuts, these are not the fire breathing brand of komodo dragons. As that contract was never awarded to the company that breeds them.:horsie:

However due to budget cuts, these are not the fire breathing brand of komodo dragons. As that contract was never awarded to the company that breeds them.:horsie:
Damn...I really wanted to see the fire breathing kind. What about gremlins? They could be situated in fashion where water would be dropped on them in the event of an emergency?

Damn...I really wanted to see the fire breathing kind. What about gremlins? They could be situated in fashion where water would be dropped on them in the event of an emergency?

Sorry new DOT regulations prevent the unlawful transportation of Gremlins over any body of water, the Armed Forces Budget Committee is appealing for a exception for military applications, but this could take 6-9 years before any repeal of this policy is made.

Meanwhile the war in Afghanistan was given another timetable to be ended with draw downs projected in the next 3 years.

Last edited:
I’m standing in my tower with my GPMG.

7.64 x 51 mm seems to be the solution to engine ailments then.

I don't want the fire breathing kind. I want the "I'm hungry and will eat human" kind. Fill a moat with dragon's teeth anti-tank obstacles and also have komodo dragons in there to eat the surviiors of the car wrecks.

I'd take an SR-25, and climb down the tower b4 moving far off on2 the flank and firing from the sideline. The enemy wouldn't be held off for long...but you're mission would be a success for longer than if you were trying to take the enemy head on. This is just my opinion as I don't really enjoy CQB or other restricted warfare. I prefer having options, mobility and multiple choices.

You know what...I just had a great idea for this situation!!! It's non-typical and effective! Lay down a SPAAD inside th post at a 90 degree angle so that as soon as the vehicles come through....BANG!!! They're shredded to pieces!! *evil laugh*

Back