Good Lesson in Money

There was once a very wealthy old man who had as much money as a person could ever dream of. He had gold bars stacked high in a private safe underneath his 3 billion dollar mansion. He owned his own bank to store all of his money, and constantly gave to charity a large percentage of his earnings. He was a good, religious man, and was visiting the doctor for a routine check-up. It was discovered that he had a rare form of cancer and only had a few days left to live. He began to wonder "What will I do with all my money?" He had no family left, no living relatives, so he decided to pray to God... "Lord, I've accrued all this money over the years, and when I get to heaven, I'll have nothing to show that I was a wealthy man... Please let me take some with me to heaven." God visited him in a dream that night and told the man he could take with him one suitcase full of whatever he wanted to take to heaven.

The next morning, the man woke up and began to debate what to take with him, and decided on a large suitcase full of his golden bars, since they were the most valuable of his assets. Sure enough, he died 2 days later, and was buried with his suitcase full of gold bars.

He reached the Pearly Gates and St. Peter said "Oh, it's the special one. I hear you've brought your 'valuables' with you..."
The man said "Yes sir!"
St Peter said "Well, you can come in, but first, God asked me to check and see what you brought."
The man opened his suitcase and proudly showed St. Peter the case full of gold bars.

St. Peter looked in the suitcase, looked up at the man, and laughed, saying "You brought.... PAVEMENT?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!"

A lesson that money is by NO MEANS everything.

You only have the luxury of believing in that because you have a certain level of wealth. If you're desperately poor with very little options, money will be the only thing you know because it's the difference between having a roof and a meal and being out on the streets and starving.
It's not universal.
But yeah, once we've attained a certain level of wealth, we have an obligation to move onto things that are more important.

You only have the luxury of believing in that because you have a certain level of wealth. If you're desperately poor with very little options, money will be the only thing you know because it's the difference between having a roof and a meal and being out on the streets and starving.
It's not universal.
But yeah, once we've attained a certain level of wealth, we have an obligation to move onto things that are more important.
Some of the most faithful people in the world are desperately poor. They believe that God wouldn't do the things He has done without some sort of atonement. There are people at my church who live at the homeless shelter... And they attend every Sunday. Faith is the very concept of choosing to accept something without proof, and you can't believe that God would do something like that without making it up to you.

Again, the pessimist against the optimist will never gain any ground either way.

Enjoying life and being someone you like is more important than money.

Of course money makes accomplishing this much, much easier. People who say money can't make you happy were probably born rich.

Some of the most faithful people in the world are desperately poor. They believe that God wouldn't do the things He has done without some sort of atonement. There are people at my church who live at the homeless shelter... And they attend every Sunday. Faith is the very concept of choosing to accept something without proof, and you can't believe that God would do something like that without making it up to you.

Again, the pessimist against the optimist will never gain any ground either way.

That's becuase they live in a wonderful country where even homeless people can get fat.

Oh yeah huh. I've obviously been single WAY too long. ;)

So back to the whole money thing.....it may not be able to buy happiness, but it sure makes it a lot more possible to travel to fun and interesting places look for said happiness.

Oh yeah huh. I've obviously been single WAY too long. ;)

So back to the whole money thing.....it may not be able to buy happiness, but it sure makes it a lot more possible to travel to fun and interesting places look for said happiness.

You betcha!

Like the Bahamas. I wanna go to the Bahamas. And Italy. Really wanna go to Italy. So who's taking me!?!?! :p

Back