Global Warming - don't wait up!

This is based on satellite data which is collated by Roy Spencer of the University of Alabama. He is one of the very few climate sceptics with any credentials. So can't really use the clause that if the data isn't to your liking the scientists must be corrupt!

A word of warning however, this temperature is not exactly the same as ground temperatures but a stretch of the lower atmosphere. The temperature rise is generally less pronounced the higher you go, however it is a useful check on ground observations which also recorded very high temperatures for January despite the sun being near solar minimum. This was due to high temperatures over the oceans, the polar regions and the southern hemisphere generally. In other words about 80% of the globe and well away from where most bloggers live!

UAH_LT_1979_thru_Jan_10.jpg

Last edited:
Scientists have been forced to retract a paper that claimed sea level were rising thanks to the effects of global warming, after mistakes were discovered that undermined the results.
The study was published in Nature Geoscience and predicted that sea levels would rise by as much as 2.7 feet by the end of the twenty-first century.
The paper also highlighted that it reinforced the conclusions of the U.N.'s controversial Fourth Assessment report, which warned of the dangerous of man-made climate change.
However, mistakes in time intervals and inaccurately applied statistics have forced the authors to retract their paper -- the first official retraction ever for the three-year-old journal, notes the Guardian. In an officially published retraction of their paper, the authors acknowledged these mistakes as factors that compromised the results.
Or are you going to start this stupid, "my scientists are better than your scientists rubbish again"? Because I'm not even going to answer, I saw this article a week or so ago and thought of this debate,.... but then had second thoughts about "trying to put brains in monuments", and thought that it would be far quicker and easier to just let it slide.

Last edited:
I should have known better, "Your scientists are better than my scientists".

This is the premise of all great scientific debate it seems.

No,.... you've obviously been hitting your head against the wall for too long, and perhaps it explains your one eyed point of view.

Wow this is still going on? lol

Not really, you have one side making smiley face posts and the other side claiming to have won because the other side cant be bothered arguing.

I would describe it as limping along kind like a zombie it really died about 20 pages ago, it just doesn't know it yet.

I am not just posting another warming graph, I just thought that it was interesting to post data showing warming from a notorious sceptical scientist who presumably isn't corrupt even by the standards of Del and Seno. This shows January temperatures very high despite all the snow in populated regions of the world. This shows how silly it is to base global temperatures on where you live, and you can't really say the data has been doctored

However Seno just posts "Your scientists are better than my scientists" which of course in nonsensical, he obviously hasn't bothered to read the post. Monty I'm not sure you have either.

This post isn't just to convince the sceptical. Obviously Seno and Del would rather drown and fry and take the rest with us than accept rationality and reason, but it's just to get the record straight in case anyone looks in who has a few brain cells connected.

Lets repeat this again, the graph at the top of this page is compiled by a sceptic, Roy Spencer, look him up.

In a New York Post opinion column on February 26, 2007, Spencer wrote:
Contrary to popular accounts, very few scientists in the world - possibly none - have a sufficiently thorough, "big picture" understanding of the climate system to be relied upon for a prediction of the magnitude of global warming. To the public, we all might seem like experts, but the vast majority of us work on only a small portion of the problem.[17]
In an interview with conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh on February 28, 2007, Spencer stated that he doesn't believe "catastrophic manmade global warming" is occurring. He also criticized climate models, saying "The people that have built the climate models that predict global warming believe they have sufficient physics in those models to predict the future. I believe they don't. I believe the climate system, the weather as it is today in the real world shows a stability that they do not yet have in those climate models."[18] Roy Spencer is also included in a film that argues against the theory of man-made global warming called The Great Global Warming Swindle.
He testified before the Waxman committee's examination of political interference with climate science on March 19, 2007.[19][20]
In 2008, Spencer published a book on climate change: Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor.[21]
Spencer is listed as a member of the Heartland Institute and a contributor to the George C. Marshall Institute.

It sort of throws a spanner in the all 'warming' scientists are corrupt theory! Here is someone in the other camp who has posted a graph showing hot temperatures this January!

Last edited:
"We" are not corrupted, "we" make up none of this, we merely report opposing views to show that what you say is not all cut and dried as you would have people believe, "we" offer those with an open mind, a choice,... not your dogmatic, "accept my opinion or you are the anti christ."

I am not just posting another warming graph, I just thought that it was interesting to post data showing warming from a notorious sceptical scientist who presumably isn't corrupt even by the standards of Del and Seno. This shows January temperatures very high despite all the snow in populated regions of the world. This shows how silly it is to base global temperatures on where you live, and you can't really say the data has been doctored

However Seno just posts "Your scientists are better than my scientists" which of course in nonsensical, he obviously hasn't bothered to read the post. Monty I'm not sure you have either.

This post isn't just to convince the sceptical. Obviously Seno and Del would rather drown and fry and take the rest with us than accept rationality and reason, but it's just to get the record straight in case anyone looks in who has a few brain cells connected.

Lets repeat this again, the graph at the top of this page is compiled by a sceptic, Roy Spencer, look him up.

It sort of throws a spanner in the all 'warming' scientists are corrupt theory! Here is someone in the other camp who has posted a graph showing hot temperatures this January!

Hell I gave up reading the thread about 15 pages ago when it became obvious it was down to a who ever posts last claims victory argument.

Lets be honest here, everyones opinion is set at this point (despite claims of "open minds") and for the most part no one is reading the material they are just looking at the poster and discarding or praising it depending on the posters known stance.

Be honest here, can you see yourself becoming anti-climate change or Senojekips becoming pro-climate change?

Be honest here, can you see yourself becoming anti-climate change or Senojekips becoming pro-climate change?
I will,.... if I see proof positive rather than a series of claims and counter claims by various factions all competing for the same research dollars.

If I were buying a car or a house,... some major investment, and the best information I could get was of the standard we see from the climate doom sayers, I'm damned sure I would be keeping my money deep in my pockets.

The more people ridiculed my stand, the more certain I would be that my decision was correct. After all if they had a real case, they wouldn't have to go around shoving it down everyone's throat.

I never buy from high pressure salesmen. The very fact that they adopt these tactics is virtual proof that their product is less than worthy.

Monty, Senojekips... it's all over. He's got graphs. Surely graphs can never lie!!!!!

Actually I agree with Perseus's argument but I just think he is wasting his time trying to convince people who's argument is more ideological than factual.

Basically it is a "pick your battles" principle.

Back