February 20th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

OK cool
May 2nd, 2004  
usb555

im looking for ww2 german equipment like gasmasks , helments mainly ss
September 24th, 2004  
Emil Balusek

Also, check out WWW.ASMIC.ORG and see if maybe this would not be of interest to you. Military Trader Magazine has a ton of shows listed. Suggest you go to a couple in the local area just to observe and bourse and maybe delay buying until you feel more confident about what you want to collect and spend money on and also to see who seems honest and who is perhaps a bit shady. Several local shows across the country to try, I am going to one in Hillsboro, TX tomorrow that has always been a wonderful show for me. It starts early-about 8 am and by noon or 1 pm is pretty well played out but what fun for a few hours and then a few of us old-timers gather to enjoy lunch and talking about those who did not join us. What better life can there be in this collecting world. ASMIC since 1971........Emil
--
October 10th, 2004  
SFC

Some things to think about prior to investing your hard earned cash.

How familiar are you with the collectors items you are interested in?

Are you ready to lay out as much as $200.00 for one patch?

Can you tell the difference between a copy and an original?

I suggest you read up on what you want to start collecting, then go talk to a collector in the same interests as you and find out what to look for in your interests.

I have been collecting US Army Cheverons and Shoulder Patches for over 25 years and a member of ASMIC (American Society of Military Insignia Collectors) this is a must if interested in DI's or Patches.

You can also check out the following:

Military Vehicle Preservation Association "MVPA"

National Rifle Association "NRA"

Ohio Valley Military Society "OVMS"

Orders and Medals Society of America "OMSA"
November 17th, 2004  
mdvaden

How much of this stuff ever shows up on Ebay?

If it did, I'd guess it would be a bit spendy, but maybe not.

There is a surplus store near here in Aloha, Oregon that has quite a few things.

In the medal category, I think they only sell those to people that received one and need a replacement.
February 15th, 2005  
MilitaryMania

Topic: selling lifetime collection of militaria....

collection of roughly 43 years of us,german,japanese,& other foreign medals,helmets,field gear,etc,,,,,my main specialty has been us & german wwi & wwii items,,,,,all items purchased from respected collectors/dealers or have been locate by myself.....all items lifetime guarnanteed....let me know if i can help anyone in any way with their wants or needs,.....email me at boxcarbob3945@yahoo.com.....thanks,,...rt...... will also trade for good non-firing replicas of the fg-42,mp-44 for my displays....thanks again.....