Germany Bombing Thier Cities?

--

December 17th, 2004  
Darcia

Topic: Germany Bombing Thier Cities?

I always here talks about Hitler having his citeas bombs, When I try to read about it thier is very little wrote about it, so does anyone have any info about Hitler doing this?

Thanks
December 17th, 2004  
Bootboy82

Never heard of this and I think I would have, it that had happened

He was an irrational maniac but what could have been the sense of doing so?
December 17th, 2004  
WorldWatcher

He might have done it once the Soviets were invading Germany. Kind of a like the 'Scorched Earth' policy the Soviets had. I never heard of Germany doing it but if they did it was to starve the soviets and make it harder to resupply.
--
December 17th, 2004  
Bootboy82

@Darcia

Do you mean he ordered to bomb hostile units that happend to be in german cities or having these cities bombed in the way the americans and british bombers did ?
December 18th, 2004  
Darcia

I've heard that Hitler actualy ordered his own cieas to be bombed. Cause he knew he was losing.
December 18th, 2004  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
I've heard that Hitler actualy ordered his own cieas to be bombed. Cause he knew he was losing.
No, there is no truth to this story.

Given the tonnage being dropped on Germany each day by the Allied air forces, I doubt they would have noticed even if they had.
December 19th, 2004  
Darcia

That is wierd I even read it in a book once.

However yes I guess it is true about noticing.
December 23rd, 2004  
The Grill Instructor

When the allied forces were coming closer and Hitler realized that the war was almost lost, he gave orders to Albert Speer, that industrial facilities have to be destroyed that they canīt be used by allied forces.

By that order, several industrial areas were blasted or also bombed. When even Speer realized the effect for Germany after the war, he decided to ignore that order without telling Hitler. No more facilities were destroyed by the Germans after that.

Whole cities or civilian objects were not bombed by the Germans.

T.G.I.
December 23rd, 2004  
Darcia

Hmmm...Okay that makes sense.
December 23rd, 2004  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill Instructor

By that order, several industrial areas were blasted or also bombed.
By the time the Allied forces reached the borders of Germany, the luftwaffe bomber arm was in such a poor state, it didn't have enough capacity to attack enemy military targets in any meaningful way , let alone targets on its own territory

Several industrial areas were indeed destroyed, but not by bombing.

Why waste valuable aircraft fuel attempting to bomb something when far better results could be achieved by an engineer simply laying demolition charges