Germans want apology - Page 2

--
Boots

October 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I dont know....Very diffecult, espcially for me as a Jew. On one side it was a war crime. On the other side, its like an armed robber asking the police officer to apologize for shooting him... Dont know.
October 28th, 2004  
USAOwnz

They should be the ones that should be apologizing.
October 28th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAOwnz
They should be the ones that should be apologizing.
They did already.
--
Boots
October 28th, 2004  
Darkmb101

The question is why NOW?
October 28th, 2004  
Darcia

The Germans ran out of things to say about iraq so they they decide to go back a few decades and bring something up.
October 28th, 2004  
USAOwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
The Germans ran out of things to say about iraq so they they decide to go back a few decades and bring something up.
That made me laugh for some reason.
October 28th, 2004  
Darcia

My Life has not been in vain then...
October 29th, 2004  
Bootboy82

As a German who is fully aware of the failures and bloodstains in our history, I say this:

Requesting an apology for the bomb raid on Dresden is just ridiculous.
Of course, it was a terrible thing, IMHO terrible enough to be considered an atrocity, but it was wartime and it was us who started the war. Not to mention the holocaust, the atrocities on the Eastern front etc.

But if Elizabeth II apologizes for the bombing, then everbody will want apologies from anybody else and we all would be apologizing to someone all day long. No country is free of a bloody history, but history is the past and we are living now and the world is full of actual problems.

All we can and should do is to learn from mankind's history and avoid doing the same bad things again.
October 29th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Yup, I agree with Booty.
October 29th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Well said Bootboy. *claps hands*