Geoff Bodine Daytona 500 deal falls thru

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Geoff Bodine said Wednesday [Dec 13th] he hasn't been able to find a team to run a car in February's Daytona 500 Nextel Cup race. Bodine, who has been in retirement for the past season or so, said in November he has a sponsor -- energy drink Mona Vie -- that wants to put him in a car during NASCAR's season-opening Cup race. "It's the hardest thing to find a Cup car and team to do it, so I've pretty much written off a Cup deal," Bodine said. "I'm going to try and pursue another angle." Geoff said he's exploring rides in the other series running at Daytona, along with non-race options. "I'm looking to try to get something so I can to be there at Daytona," Bodine said. Bodine will travel to Lake Placid, N.Y., this weekend to watch the World Cup Bobsled event and make some runs of his own on the bobsled track with his NASCAR sled. From Jan. 5 to 7, Bodine will host the second annual Geoff Bodine Bobsled Challenge at the Verizon Sports Complex, an event to help raise money for the U.S. Olympic Bobsled team, which uses Bo-Dyn sleds developed through Bodine.(Elmira Star Gazette)

Back