Generations

tetvet

Banned
Some Generations excel over other Generations we have what we like to call the greatest generation WWII , could be , but that generation gave us 40 years of cold war a arguable point maybe , my generation which was the one that came next gave us what ? Rock 'n Roll , Vietnam , Man on the moon , height Asbury , flower child , yuppies and yippes , the generation that followed was / is often referred to by some as the lost generation , what have they given us , anything , nothing ? the generation that came next is still under review , but the are a technical marvel they can text 400 texts a day with little effort they are much brighter than their parents ever thought of being but they're not long on smarts but neither are their parents .

I assuming you are referring to those born in the 1960's as the lost generation?
I would suggest that generation is the technology generation and they were responsible for the world of technology that allows the next generation to be 400 text a day marvel.

From 1980 the developments in computer technology have driven huge improvements in medical sciences, space technology, military technology etc. and have led to probably the largest growth in understanding the world and the universe in human history.

It is my opinion that each generation refines the work begun by the previous one.

I will however argue that the "Greatest Generation" title is almost entirely unearned and was probably coined by a marketing agent rather than anything that made that generation more outstanding than any other generation before or since.

Last edited:
Great inventions of the 1960's
Video disk
Astroturf
Soft Contact lenses
Kevlar
Compact disk
hand held calculator
ATM
Bar code scanner
Great Inventions of the 1970's
LCD
Word processor
Video games
The Ethernet
Laser Printer
Inkjet printer
MRI
Cell Phones
Walkman
I would call that a pretty good for the lost generation, i think the 60's and 70's have given us a lot.

I'm just throwing this out as a conversation piece something to kick around until another or better subject comes along , I'm not sure that generations replace ideals or values , maybe its just the same old song with different dance steps .

I'm just throwing this out as a conversation piece something to kick around until another or better subject comes along , I'm not sure that generations replace ideals or values , maybe its just the same old song with different dance steps .
I guess that all depends on what song your dancing to? What did you think the 60 and 70 got up to? or invented?

Back