General fitness

Mr KillKill

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this
Over the last 18 months I have been slowly dropping my weight through cycling and have now got it down to the proper limit for my height.
I have a pot belly that I’m having trouble getting rid of so I am starting to focus on ab exercises, mainly sit-ups, and what I need is help with the timing of the sit-ups. When I did them in my younger days, I did it with a group where the instructor used an audio tape of a 3 second beep gap which was repeated 100 times to give you 100 sit-ups. I have been trying to find some software that will allow me to create a similar tape (Mp3 nowadays) but all the software I can find seems to be centred on shuttle runs.
If anyone knows where I might get some software or knows how to create something like this, it would be appreciated.

The best way to get rid of that is slow but long distance running.
Seems to work better than anything else I did, including cycling.

Took a look at a few metronome programmes but even at its slowest setting its still too fast, will take 13th’s suggestion and start doing some walking (running stuffs up my ankles) and see how I go
Thanks again for your suggestions

Another thing with the diet. When I feel for some reason I've put on a few pounds, I cut down on the carbs. That is, I'll eat stuff but not the bread or the rice. That really helps cut down the fat in a speedy time. Don't reduce the overall amount of food you're eating though. Just the carbs. I substitute it with protein.

With an Italian background getting away from carbs is not much of an option , which leaves reducing the intake. While I'm not starving myself, I have cut down a lot and have also found that a lot of junk food I used to like, no longer appeals to me in the meantime its back to walking, walking and more walking.

Back