Gen MacArthur - Page 2

--

August 28th, 2004  
Lilmissflamethrower

I don't think you can judge one battle over an entire war. Thats apples and oranges.
September 2nd, 2004  
Mark Conley

attention forum members.

We moderators have taken control...we have taken control...do not be alarmed...do not adjust your computer terminal.

If you have been following the postings of God and Flame, you might be wondering what happened to this off topic saga?

Fear not gentle readers. Look in the General interest topic area..its under the post "Off Topic Fun with God and Flame"

We moderators now relinquish control...and return you to the General MacArthur topic...already in progress...
July 29th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

South Koreans worship MacArthur, but I think contrarily. Even before reading this, I always believed that. He was very egotistical and when I see that pipe hanging out of his mouth I think: show-off.....
--
July 30th, 2010  
A Can of Man

He saved Korea twice.
He might be unpleasant personally but credit should be given where it is due. Though after Incheon, his effectiveness in the Korean War was highly questionable.
July 30th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

Topic: Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Can of Man
He saved Korea twice.
He might be unpleasant personally but credit should be given where it is due. Though after Incheon, his effectiveness in the Korean War was highly questionable.
You're right. Although I dislike his personality personally, I have to give him credit for saving our country.
July 30th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

Well, he was egotistical and power-hungry. He made several blunders in the Pacific War, notably not mobilizing his forces even though he had been warned that the Japanese will attack. He also made many blunders in the Korean War. However, the Incheon landing was a stroke of brilliance and he was relatively good.
I'd say due to his blunders and personality: -6. The occasional brilliance: +4. Experience: +3. Result: 1. Note that I started at 0
July 30th, 2010  
LeEnfield

MacArthur's raid on Inchon was about the best thing he had done, but I think he gets to much credit for the war in the Pacific. Much of the fighting had been done under Admiral Halsey and the American Marines who had secured many of Japanese bases and Islands before MacArthur had even put his foot into the Ocean
July 30th, 2010  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
MacArthur's raid on Inchon was about the best thing he had done, but I think he gets to much credit for the war in the Pacific. Much of the fighting had been done under Admiral Halsey and the American Marines who had secured many of Japanese bases and Islands before MacArthur had even put his foot into the Ocean
For a truely amazing read about McArthur's Pacific War get "General Kenny reports" by Gen. George Kenny. Kenny was head of the 5th Air Force & they pulled some astounding things off that most people are unaware of, with all the coverage given to the 8th Air Force & the Carrier War.
July 30th, 2010  
A Can of Man

On a side note, I think there's too much reading done on World War II.
Times have changed and we really need to move on and read about conflicts that more accurately reflect the challenges we face today.
September 1st, 2010  
koalaburger

He ordered his men to charge WW1 veterans who were protesting their treatment after the war. The fascist bastard should never have had the support from soldiers he did.