G'Day and Howdy

ctayfor

I'm an expat Kiwi living in this impossibly cold place where some brain-dead idiots decided to build a city which has incredibly passed 1 million population in just over a century. Incredible. Last week the temperature got as low as -38C (36 below for you Fahrenheit types). Eight FEET of snow in some places (although that's so far from normal here that locals didn't know how to cope with it).

My military interest comes from my grandfather (RA) being a veteran of the First World War, my Dad (RNZAF - Bomber Command NW Europe) and two of my three uncles (both Canterbury Regt.) being veterans of the Second World War and having been a peacetime member of the Royal New Zealand Army Medical Corps myself.

Welcome. I was about to ask if you were in Winterpeg, but I'm going to assume you're in Edmonton?

Welcome. I was about to ask if you were in Winterpeg, but I'm going to assume you're in Edmonton?

Calgary, as it happens. When Calgary got to -38C, Edmonton got to -54C!!!
Shocked them out of their little gumboots. Second lowest temperature ever recorded there (150 years of records I think).

Back