French Foreign Legion - Page 2

--

May 22nd, 2012  
42RM

Being a carrier of hepatitis B or hepatitis C excludes service in the British forces. Im almost sure that this also applies to U.S. forces. But perhaps a Yank can clarify this question.
May 22nd, 2012  
brinktk

If you have any chronic disease such as Hep B, C, HIV, etc you are disqualified from entrance into the US military.
May 22nd, 2012  
Peturstanislav

Well I3BrigPvSk I have been talking to recuriters in the U.S and they said that people with chronic Hepatits B can join, because like I said before, they soldiers in the U.S get vaccine for Hep B... also he said that they are going to accept more people who have it for the coming years I know i cant get vaccine nowadays to get rid of this but i hope it will come someday. So I will stick with the U.S army there you will go to a Medical Waiver which is higher set doctor you can ask for it when you enlist and he will check you and if he sees that its not effecting your health in anyway, as in pain and stuff like that he will give you the "Green Light" aka "Go Sign"
--
May 22nd, 2012  
42RM

My friend, you just got an answer from an officer in the U.S. Army.
May 22nd, 2012  
Peturstanislav

I wont give up, 'cause this is what a recruiter told me and I will find a way to get in by any cost what ever i need to do
May 22nd, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peturstanislav
Well I3BrigPvSk I have been talking to recuriters in the U.S and they said that people with chronic Hepatits B can join, because like I said before, they soldiers in the U.S get vaccine for Hep B... also he said that they are going to accept more people who have it for the coming years I know i cant get vaccine nowadays to get rid of this but i hope it will come someday. So I will stick with the U.S army there you will go to a Medical Waiver which is higher set doctor you can ask for it when you enlist and he will check you and if he sees that its not effecting your health in anyway, as in pain and stuff like that he will give you the "Green Light" aka "Go Sign"
I truly hope it is as you said, even if I doubt it. The HB will influence your ability to serve where you will be exposed to other diseases. I have mostly worked with the corona viruses and with hemorrhagic fevers and how to respond to outbreaks. Your liver will be exposed to other pathogens, regardless if they are not lethal for others, they will influence your ability to work.
May 22nd, 2012  
42RM

Quote:
I wont give up, 'cause this is what a recruiter told me and I will find a way to get in by any cost what ever i need to do
Do you also believe in Santa Claus?
May 22nd, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
You don't understand "when you have hepatitis B the vaccine will not work"?
May 22nd, 2012  
Der Alte

Quote:
I am new here if i am doing something wrong
Yes greatly!
You ask a question and get answers from people who knows. But you do not accept their answers - why ask then ???
May 22nd, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
Do you also believe in Santa Claus?

Damn you, 42RM! You mean he doesn't exist? You are ruining my perceptions of the world!