Freedom Tower

--
Boots

December 10th, 2004  
egoz

Topic: Freedom Tower

There seemed to be confusion in another thread about what WTC was and the new design was mentioned. I personally don't mind it. It's amusing that we are building a bigger building in it's place. I always thought it was about time the US reclaim the title of having the world's tallest building. NY was the capital of tall buildings during the turn of the century. With the Petronas Towers in KL and that new one somewhere else in Asia the US seemed to be lagging behind. The building to take its place stands 1776 ft, 541m for you metric guys (as in 1776 the year the Declaration of Independance was signed). I was just curious as to what the international community might think of it?
December 10th, 2004  
Locke

beware low flying planes

i personally dont see the point of the whole "lets build something really big just so we can say we have the biggest..."
smells of arrogance if you ask me

surly a bigger tower jsut provides a bigger target?

so if its called "freedom tower" does this means when the americans get over the french not helping them, along with "freedom fries" its name will change back to "French tower"??
December 10th, 2004  
egoz

well that's why i found it amusing. in essence we built a bigger target. but we aren't about to limit our building design because of terrorists. i thought of that arrogance thing too when they said they were going for the biggest tower. but doesn't that fit the mold?

i have a feeling there are a few people out there that still aren't over that french thing though. if you face the facts then if it weren't for the french there wouldn't even be a united states of america in the first place. but let's hope that's just a phase.
--
Boots
December 10th, 2004  
master2001

KICK ASS!! I love it. The fact that we can rebuild something that beautiful from the ashes and rubble of the WTC. It is so cool. (by the way. Hey egoz. Who is that on your post?)
December 10th, 2004  
A Can of Man

That point should stick out the middle bit on the top...
December 10th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by master2001
(by the way. Hey egoz. Who is that on your post?)
that would be adrianna lima there's a few more pics in the international hotties thread.

i kind of like the design. it's a very modern theme and, at least in that picture, it really stands out in a good way from the rest of the NY skyline.
December 10th, 2004  
lewis9119

i love that place were is it.
December 10th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Besides the absurdly cheesy name... I like it.
December 10th, 2004  
Trevor

Topic: Re: Freedom Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
There seemed to be confusion in another thread about what WTC was and the new design was mentioned. I personally don't mind it. It's amusing that we are building a bigger building in it's place. I always thought it was about time the US reclaim the title of having the world's tallest building. NY was the capital of tall buildings during the turn of the century. With the Petronas Towers in KL and that new one somewhere else in Asia the US seemed to be lagging behind. The building to take its place stands 1776 ft, 541m for you metric guys (as in 1776 the year the Declaration of Independance was signed). I was just curious as to what the international community might think of it?
I think it's great that the US is rising from the ashes. but Canada still owns the world's tallest free-standing structure (CN Tower in Toronto), and I think the new one is in Malasia that you were talking about.
December 10th, 2004  
egoz

Topic: Re: Freedom Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
I think it's great that the US is rising from the ashes. but Canada still owns the world's tallest free-standing structure (CN Tower in Toronto), and I think the new one is in Malasia that you were talking about.
Right, the Petronas Towers are in Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia. You're right about the CN tower being the tallest freestanding structure. I think that out does the Freedom Tower by <100ft though.
Petronas Towers