Flamethrowers - Page 2

--

March 30th, 2006  
Obvious

Well maybe the flamethrower, instead of large tanks strapped to the back. It coould be loaded with cans that hold fuel inside them. And there would be a compartment that they would be loaded in. Such like one in this picture.

So less likely to get blown up.
March 30th, 2006  
rotc boy

yay for video game weapons

that from doom?
March 30th, 2006  
Fox

Neat...but please do not use flamethrower so, the gas price in USA can be go down.
--
March 30th, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, if the flame thrower has a machine that draws the fuel from the oxygen from the surrounding gas and shoots it, It would be the best weapon!
March 30th, 2006  
major liability

That is from Red Faction.

I liked the Deus Ex flamethrower, basically just a pump with a can of napalm on it.
March 31st, 2006  
zander_0633

oh! that's nice! Wonder wad can it do on the enemy!
March 31st, 2006  
AussieNick

Better yet, I think that the RPO has the only practical application on the modern battlefield. A recoiless flame "thrower".
It is essentially a unguided rocket launcher that fires a rocket with a "napalm" like charge.

Those people in the Australian Army who have done Musorian Of Ops will know of this weapon.
March 31st, 2006  
zander_0633

Oh! Nice weapon! Any pics and specs of the weapon?
April 1st, 2006  
Peterminator

In my opinion the main reason why the army abandoned flamethrowers is becouse they were a hazard to the person operating it and the people around it. A single bullet hit could cause it to explode. When incendiaries are needed (like taking out a bunker for example) the U.S. Army relies on the air force for such jobs. They could use napalm or even bunker busters.
There are also economic reasons that the army isnt using flame throwers.
We are running out of petrolium and there are better uses for it other than as weapons
April 2nd, 2006  
major liability

Are incendiary grenades (usually used in an anti-material role) powerful enough to be useful in clearing bunkers?