Flame thrower Effective?




View Poll Results :Effective or no?
yes 15 88.24%
no 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

 
--
 
June 12th, 2005  
ONERING
 

Topic: Flame thrower Effective?


I've seen that in WWII we used the Flame thrower, and then it was stopped used because of it considered inhumane, but its war, who cares about inhumane, as long as it gets the job done. Its how war is ment to be. Anyways do you think the flame thrower would get the work done?
June 12th, 2005  
hicks
 
It works really well, but too dangerous to use in my opinion.

One bullet in the back, and it's over. Along with those immediately around the person using it.
June 12th, 2005  
KC72
 
 
effective-yes, very i would guess, clearing out buildings and bunkers etc

Ethical?
--
June 12th, 2005  
Armyjaeger
 
 
Sure the flamethrower is effective, still I'd hate to be the one who gets to use it for two things mainly, firstly they're damned heavy and second thing, blasting away with a flamethrower makes you the number one target for any enemy soldiers nearby.
June 12th, 2005  
DTop
 
 

Topic: Re: Flame thrower Effective?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ONERING
I've seen that in WWII we used the Flame thrower, and then it was stopped used because of it considered inhumane, but its war, who cares about inhumane, as long as it gets the job done. Its how war is ment to be. Anyways do you think the flame thrower would get the work done?
They were used in Vietnam (M9A1-7) to get after those pesky VC in their tunnels and against any flammable building. They Have since been replaced by the M202A1 Incendiary Rocket launcher A.K.A. "Flash".
http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/i...lame/M202.html
June 12th, 2005  
Darcia
 
can you imagine having to go into a battle with one of them though...
June 12th, 2005  
DTop
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
can you imagine having to go into a battle with one of them though...
I don't have to imagine it, been there - done that.
June 12th, 2005  
rotc boy
 
 
also fire uses up oxygen, like the oxygen that the guy shooting the flamethrower is breathing, that was a problem i remember learning about from Mail Call 8)
June 12th, 2005  
LIBERTY
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
also fire uses up oxygen, like the oxygen that the guy shooting the flamethrower is breathing, that was a problem i remember learning about from Mail Call 8)
I didnt know that was a problem. Hmmm. I guess you do learn something new everyday.
June 13th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet
 
Very effective, but as my compatriot said there, a bullet to you six and kaboom.