Flame thrower Effective? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Effective or no?
yes 15 88.24%
no 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 13th, 2005  
Darcia

Also what happens if you get the defective one that as a leak somewhere.
June 14th, 2005  
bulldogg

To those that have used this apparatus in combat, besides the dangers, what was the upside to it? Would you have chucked it if given the opportunity?
June 14th, 2005  
sleepyscout

This is a little off subject but dont they have newer stuff like the fuel air grenades and stuff i read a little about the russians using them in chechniya. why pack a flame thrower when I got a rpg round that will do even more firey damage.
--
June 14th, 2005  
Kilgore

Well i do know the russians has these rocket launchers with T-72 chassis's that fire huge rockets that turn entire buildings into inferno. They worked well in grozny.

Now days we have a large range of weapons for removing bunkers and other things flame throwers are designed to encounter.
June 15th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Very effective. Inhumane....Well, no more than napalm, frag granades or alot of other stuff used on the battle field. War is hell...
June 15th, 2005  
Charge 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Very effective. Inhumane....Well, no more than napalm, frag granades or alot of other stuff used on the battle field. War is h**l...
Yep, the enemy doesn't get sleepytime nappies - they get killed. Unless you can get armies to use blowguns with lethal injection darts, it's always gonna hurt. The flamethrower was effective in its day. There's just better stuff to accomplish its task now.
June 15th, 2005  
SHERMAN

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/i...lame/M202.html

for example...