FIRES

sgtbreeden

Well I have a friend in Arizona. Anyway yesterday at about 1400 she noticed smoke rolling from the top of a mountain. needless to say there was a fire. It is still unknown how the fire started (probably the same way all of the other fires out there start). Well I talked to her again today and they are having to evacuate the old folks home that she works at. It is one of the biggest homes in AZ. I am going to try and find out if there is a way for outsiders to assist in helping with the elderly or maybe if donations can be made to help. I will post more if there is more to post. But up to this point this is all of the info i have. I am trying to reach her right now but she isn't answering her phone. Please when you go to bed tonight pray for all the people in AZ as well as those serving their military to protect those who can't protect themselves. I know they are all in my prayers.

Thats wild. WHen I was out in AZ, it was monsoon season (like it is now). Fires started on the mountains all the time. And the next rain would put them out. That one must have been huge, or they didn't get any rain.

Where in Arizona?

the dry weather, but mostly cigarettes
I heard the recent fire was started by a bird that
flew into an electrical wire or somethen like that
and fell into a field and caught it on fire...

lt_strony said:
the dry weather, but mostly cigarettes
I heard the recent fire was started by a bird that
flew into an electrical wire or somethen like that
and fell into a field and caught it on fire...

A bird flying into an electrical wire would be quite harmeless, unless the wire was exposed.

We get a lot of fires in Italy, specially in the summer. Main cause is men. You know shepards setting dry grass on fire for new fresh grass to grow. Those jerks.

Even if the wire was exposed it would be harmless unless the bird somehow grounded itself while it was on the wire (witch I don't see happening). Anyway everything in AZ is under control now. I will provide a link as to where you can view photos that my friend took from a distance on her way to and from work.

sgtbreeden said:
Even if the wire was exposed it would be harmless unless the bird somehow grounded itself while it was on the wire (witch I don't see happening). Anyway everything in AZ is under control now. I will provide a link as to where you can view photos that my friend took from a distance on her way to and from work.

Where in AZ was this?

Back