Firearm for tank crewS?

--

March 14th, 2008  
SHERMAN

Topic: Firearm for tank crewS?

What firearm would you give to tank crews, if you could choose any firearm in the world?
March 14th, 2008  
Fox

For me, the sidearm weapon would be M1911, and the primary weapon would be AKSU-74....
March 14th, 2008  
Cdt Matteo

C8A2

Bias? OF COURSE!
It's pretty much a shortened version of the C7 rifle.
--
March 14th, 2008  
Pale Rider

M9 Baretta and M-4, just the way that it is already set up in the U.S for armored crewmembers.
March 14th, 2008  
SHERMAN

Quote:
AKSU-74
Funny, i would opt for some sort of short AK veriant as well...
March 14th, 2008  
Cdt Matteo

As for a pistol I'd give them the standard pistol that the ground forces use. Logistically wise it would be one of the best ways of going about arming a tank crewman.
However I doubt that a pistol is sufficient so again I'd say that a carabine would the best.
March 14th, 2008  
mmarsh

It depends where I was deployed. But in general, I'd say the M-4 and a M-9. The AK-74SU is an interesting choice as well.
March 14th, 2008  
major liability

P90 due to its short length, maybe Steyr AUG A2 with a 14" barrel if you want ammo commonality with everyone else.

By the way, what is the current armament for US tank crews? My friend is shipping off to train to be part of an Army Abrams crew, and he says they get M4s or M240s.
March 15th, 2008  
deerslayer

Steyr's been outsourced to an Australian company, so I guess that would depend on the tank's country of origin. Really it's the sort of question that needs to be answered from a logistics standpoint- what is issued to other soldiers, accepted, and standardized?
March 15th, 2008  
The Other Guy

as a sidearm, it would be a Glock .45

The gun that never dies.