finally got a car

OORAH

Thats right, after about 3 months of exaustive searching, i finally settled on the right car. she's a 1998 camaro, that was babied by the owner. only 60,000 miles (my mom's 2003 SUV has 53,000), new brakes, new radio, t-tops, and a sweet red paint job, i think she's puuuuuuuuurfect. Its a damn shame i cant pick her up till tuesday.

OK, from the information at hand, I regret to inform you, I HATE YOU!!! Im still lookin...I almost got an '89 Pontiac Trans Am, but insurance was too high...So now, the search continues.

unfortunately, the jag didn't run to well, and the car smelled really bad, so it was a big N O on that one. I'll be taking some pics of her tommorow, when i actually pick up the car from the seller ( the guy needed some time to clean out his junk, and get the car unregistered and stuff). And when i said he babied the camaro, i meant it. she looks sweet. and for a 1998 car, she has only 62,000 miles(my mom's car is an 03, and it has 54,000). pics will come soon, the only thing i have right now is the link to the seller's page on autotrader.com, but i dont know how long the car will be listed on there, so look at her quick before he takes her off.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=206591274&dealer_id=58205446&car_year=1998&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=used&num_records=100&make=CHEV&distance=50&model=CAM&address=14054&certified=&advanced=&max_price=7000&bkms=1156689759998&min_price=500&end_year=2007&start_year=1990&lang=&cardist=35

Nice, indeed nice... But Automatic? I have yet to see an American car with manual transmission... ;)

its automatic. most US cars are auto these days. I can drive a manual, my dad's old saturn was, but if i had a choice, i would take auto any day. i'm so excited, i'm picking her up this afternoon. I hope it stops raining though, cause i wanna ride with the t-tops down! :smile:

Automatic cars... tut tut bloody lazy Americans :lol: jk Nothing drives like a manual.
Congrats on the new car :) Try not to kill anyone.

Irishone said:
Automatic cars... tut tut bloody lazy Americans :lol: jk Nothing drives like a manual.

Wanna go for a ride, Irishone?

It is a nice car, I hope you turn satisfied with it and drive safe :wink:

By the way, how is the insurance on such vehicles over there? For a car like that I'd say about $4000 USD a year over here (100% insured. )...

it's pretty bad over here to, especially since i'm only 16. my parents only got liability insurance, not collision, so i cant hit anything! its about 1500 dollars a year.

1500 dollars is pretty good, I assume its your own insurance and not on your rents name? If so thats pretty good. Only about 1000 euro. For a 20 yr old guy, his own car own policy. Your talking 3000 g here in Ireland. Its lethal. Times like that I love been a woman.
What you drive sunb?

Last edited:
Irishone said:
What you drive sunb?

Toyota Avensis 2000 manual 113 hp . Black, of course... Not the fastet car around but makes my day every day :)

Last edited:
OORAH said:
its automatic. most US cars are auto these days. I can drive a manual, my dad's old saturn was, but if i had a choice, i would take auto any day. i'm so excited, i'm picking her up this afternoon. I hope it stops raining though, cause i wanna ride with the t-tops down! :smile:

Automatic, same as mine :m1: If you ever feel like ra*cough*cing, tell me :tank:

Back