FIFA World Cup anyone?

Henderson is right.

Beckham is a great player player, but hes really more of a marketing tool. When Real Madrid acquired him from Man United, it had little to do football (Real Madrid already had a full sqaud of telented players) and more to do international marketing due to Beckhams incredible popularity overseas.

Not to take anything away from Becks, but if you compare him to the other great players such as Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ranaldo, or Henry (just to name a few) I would go with those players first.

Personally, (because I am an England Fan) I think Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, and Wayne Rooney (when he actually played) were better players for the English squad this World Cup.

Rooney in particular, if he can just stay heathy (unlike Owen) and CONTROL HIS TEMPER has a very bright future.

Don't forget Becks goal and assist which basically won 2 games for the English side... in my eyes he played better then ronaldinho this world cup. Obviously he isn't as good as a Zidane or Henry ... Zidane is the best of his generation. However, Real Madrid didn't just get him for marketing... he is a solid wing player that can cross the ball from anywhere with brilliant accuracy as well as being very dangerous on set plays. Yes, he is very famous for various reasons, but now it seems people are trying to use all is fame and cover up what he does on the pitch... then try and act like it was never there in the first play.

David Beckham is a great player, period.

And I have no idea how he can be compared to Kobe Bryant...

http://www.the-100.com/all_players_by_country.aspx

I'm going with the Germany. Are they still playing? I haven't watch World Cup since America is out.

Popeye said:
Don't forget Becks goal and assist which basically won 2 games for the English side... in my eyes he played better then ronaldinho this world cup. Obviously he isn't as good as a Zidane or Henry ... Zidane is the best of his generation. However, Real Madrid didn't just get him for marketing... he is a solid wing player that can cross the ball from anywhere with brilliant accuracy as well as being very dangerous on set plays. Yes, he is very famous for various reasons, but now it seems people are trying to use all is fame and cover up what he does on the pitch... then try and act like it was never there in the first play.

David Beckham is a great player, period.

And I have no idea how he can be compared to Kobe Bryant...

http://www.the-100.com/all_players_by_country.aspx
I compare him to Kobe Bryant like this: Like Kobe Bryant, David Beckham is a great player at his respective sport. Like Kobe Bryant, David Beckham is considered to be a BIG CELEBRITY. LIKE KOBE BRYANT, David Beckham is becoming less famous for his actions on the playing field and more famous for his fashion photo shoots. Or in the case of Kobe, his fortune. Almost like Kobe Bryant, David Beckham had an affair with his "nanny." Whereas Kobe raped someone.

He did play better than Ronaldinho, but not better than any of the other players Mmarsh mentioned(BTW its Ronaldo). David Beckham is a crucial aspect for the English National Team, without him, they wouldnt have won off his beautifully placed SET PEICE goal. Notice extreme emphasis and caps on set peice. Thats where he is. He has turned, as I said before, into a dead ball player. You might have noticed him throwing up. Now I'm not saying I could do a better job, far from it. I'm simply saying that David Beckham, in comparison to other World Cup stars, is a bit out of shape. He has gotten used to not running as much and just excelling in set peices. He could come back and shove this back in my throat like Ronaldo did with the Brazilian President's comments, or he could prove me absolutely right.

Yeah... I don't like David Beckham's style of play at all. But it seems that since he is over-rated people feel justified ripping on him like he is absolutely terrible. He has done a lot in his career and is listed as one of the fifa 100. He has never been even on the same level as a ronaldo or zidane but will still be regarded as a great.

Does anyone know what the song is on the ESPN commercial 'one game changes everything'... that would be great if someone told me - thanks.

Glad to see we agree. I have no beef with Beckham, but he has become so much more "hollywood" now...I dont like soccer players that do more than soccer. You've been given the chance of a lifetime, dont go from practice to a photo shoot, you should practice more to give your fans a good show.

I know there is that U2 song. elevation...dunno if thats on the commercial though.

Popeye said:
Italia 2 : 0 Deutschland

Just :cens: great, 119 & 121 minute. I am so upset. In all fairness though Italy played like a slightly better, more experienced team.

Deutschland for third place now, i guess.

Zidane (and France, coz it must be so) for the Cup.

Last edited:
Venom PL said:
France vs Portugal 1:0

So the final match will be between France and Italy

and in other news, hell is reporting heavy blizzards...

YOU WANT TO HERE THE KICKER? I LEAVING FOR THE USA TOMMOROW MORNING IM GOING TO MISS THE FINAL AGAIN!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!
:-:)-:)-:)-(

Back