Fiercest Battle in History - Page 23

--

December 24th, 2008  
LeEnfield

Now there are many Battles that never get a mention, but there was a very bloody war that went on in Burma where the Japanese suffered huge casualties
December 25th, 2008  
Skull

Every battle is fierce whether it involved the Aussies, the Americans, the British, the French, the Germans, the Russians, the Japanese so on so forth and whether it be with fists or an m60 nd if u say it isn't patriotism kicks in, it is a question which cannot be answered without everyone else putting there 2 cents in so why bother
February 6th, 2009  
jdodds85

well the first battle that comes to mind is the battle of Saipan from june15 to july 9 1944 in the Mariana Islands i had a relative who was KIA there in the area called valley.
--
February 6th, 2009  
Mayser

normandy by far....
February 6th, 2009  
BritinAfrica

There are simply too many to list from too many era's.
Queen Boadicea against the Romans at Wattling Street
Gettyberg
Isandlwana
Rorkes Drift
The charge of the Light Brigade
Normandy
Arnhem
Stalingrad
Burma

Then we have the various sea and air battles

The list goes on an on. Anyone who fought in those battles and lived, would regard their battle as the most fierce.
February 6th, 2009  
wolfen

The worst of all involved two members of the US Navy, it was my divorce, now THAT was a fierce battle
February 7th, 2009  
viewer

kursk/stalingrad
February 11th, 2009  
jdodds85

anouther one that comes to mind is the siege of bastogne from mid december 1945 to january 1945
February 12th, 2009  
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
There are simply too many to list from too many era's.
Queen Boadicea against the Romans at Wattling Street
Gettyberg
Isandlwana
Rorkes Drift
The charge of the Light Brigade
Normandy
Arnhem
Stalingrad
Burma

Then we have the various sea and air battles

The list goes on an on. Anyone who fought in those battles and lived, would regard their battle as the most fierce.
I'll agree with all of these and the pertinent point at the end - any battle you're in is the most intense. Historically speaking I think I'll have to vote for Themopylae.
February 12th, 2009  
Balkan-MiG

Hmm

I think the fiercest battle in history was when there was that fight down at the pub...

nah joking, Stalingrad.