Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lack Of Sleep

• Lots of running/yomping

• Total voters
ok

the_13th_redneck said:
One must always bring at least two sets of clothing, dry clothes and wet clothes. The clothes are to be worn when sleeping and must be kept in a water tight plastic bag. These must be kept dry like your life depends on it, because it really might end up being that way.
Wet clothes are for everything else. Sweat, rain, rivers, nasty stuff...
Important thing is you have to find the time to dry your body, or else things will start to rot.

yeah cus in a real life n death situation or war your really gonna stop and think " did i pack 2 of everything?"

The only main thing you need to survive is clean water or water aslong as the have the purifying tabs.................

the_13th_redneck said:
One must always bring at least two sets of clothing, dry clothes and wet clothes. The clothes are to be worn when sleeping and must be kept in a water tight plastic bag. These must be kept dry like your life depends on it, because it really might end up being that way.
Wet clothes are for everything else. Sweat, rain, rivers, nasty stuff...
Important thing is you have to find the time to dry your body, or else things will start to rot.

....and then we move back to reality .....see: cold & wet. :lol:

Being out in the cold and wet without food or proper clothing. Then later vommiting from the sickness. Very degrading indeed.

Although I've never been in the actual field, I sure know how it must felt like. Several of it comes from the pathetic experiences at the Pocanoes, Penns.

Definitely being cold and wet, but Lack of sleep has screwed me over in the field too. It's just simply harder to function.

Once on sentry duty I started hallucinating that there was this girl who lives near me walking towards the position...so i woke the IC up while ''she'' was about 50 metres away and he told me that no-one was there and to get my head donw lol

Being asigned to the Infantry as Communications for 14 years being in the field was second nature and even more so when stationed in Baumholder, Hoenfels and Wildflecken, Germany.

WMAcadet said:
being cold & wet.. sleeps not really a problem or food.

I love going to the field because I get so much sleep. It is SOP that the first couple of days of a field problem will not have much rest. But then things calm down and we get to sleep a lot. I have never had a real problem with a lack of food. THe problem lies in a lack of water. That's why I carry 2 extra quarts of water in any given field problem.

I think the worst is when all these these conspire against you. It's nothing to worry about when you only have one factor not going your way. It's when they team up on you that gets you. You can be cold and wet with enough food and sleep and it's ok. They can run you into the ground but as long as you have a nice warm dry place to sleep it off, you'll be ok.
It's when you are tired, wet, cold, hungry that you'll really feel the the world has forgotten about you. Just hang in there, if we made it you can too.

Yep, voting for cold and wet as the worst was an easy one. You can get used to lack of sleep after you've done it enough times. I never got used to being soaked and freezing.

hey up

beardo you just a cadet? Your get alot of lacking of sleep once you become a bootie lol

As for lack of sleep thats what pro plus was for lol keeps u going..............add a can of redbull and seriously your be hype and alive for a good few hours!! It worked for me alot when i was doing a 22 hr day at sea lol

As for cold and wet.............try being on the upper deck for 4hrs in a force 8 wave peeing down with rain soaked through.....now thats wet and cold..........salt water is always nice on bare skin WHEN IT STINGS lol

For me it's the constantly wet part...it's not that you're constantly wet, but you take your boots off to dry and hang them up and when you go to put them on in the morning they're still wet, cold and squishy....I hate wet boots :?

Back