A few questions

CryWolf

I'm currently 18 years old, and an American. I'm going to college at the moment to get my Associates in Nursing then another year to get my RN. I am a male and athletic so I love being outside. My question is this: If I joined the military after I receive my RN, is there anyway to stay out of a hospital and more or less in the field?

I do not know much about the military, so I was curious to find out if I could be a RN inside of a squad that travels around rather than a "stay at hospital" type. This would be my first time joining, but I've hunted since I was 3 - so shooting, and loud noises are not an issue, and I can shoot very well and very accurately.

P.S.- I was leaning more towards the Navy, because the SEALs really earned my respect with the BUDs and the brotherhood they have, plus I love the water and swimming.

Thank you very much for any reply and taking the time to read!

-CryWolf

You would need the 4 year nursing degree to be a RN in the Navy. The Navy has programs to help you pay for it if you qualify. Google Navy Nursing and Navy.com has the programs listed.

I know there are Navy Corpsman in the SEALs, not sure about RNs (don't think so) - Corpsman attached to the Fleet Marine Force (FMF) are our field medical personnel.

best thing to do is go talk to the ROTC recruiter. I used to be one. There is a lot of money out there right now for nursing student. Not just scholarships, but bonus money based off of gpa and eventually NCLEX passing. I would be happy to help you if you would like. PM me.

best thing to do is go talk to the ROTC recruiter. I used to be one. There is a lot of money out there right now for nursing student. Not just scholarships, but bonus money based off of gpa and eventually NCLEX passing. I would be happy to help you if you would like. PM me.

Okay, thanks! I sent a PM.

Back