A few questions about the Marines - Page 2

--

May 4th, 2005  
MilidarUSMC

just to add to what 03 said
1) the only way the USMC will give you emergency leave for a immediate family members death is a red cross message
3)in boot camp your first run is 1.5MI for the IST (initial strength test) after that you run quite a bit but you really never know how far you ran b/c they dont tell you. your PFT is a 3mi nomatter what.
May 8th, 2005  
implicature

[quote="MilidarUSMC"]just to add to what 03 said
1) the only way the USMC will give you emergency leave for a immediate family members death is a red cross message
3)in boot camp your first run is 1.5MI for the IST (initial strength test) after that you run quite a bit but you really never know how far you ran b/c they dont tell you. your PFT is a 3mi nomatter what.[/quote

this is so true... i will tell you this right now,,, Marine Corps boot camp will put you in the best mental and physical shape in your entire life! i don't care what kind of shape that you are in you will be in better shape when you get out... as far as running he he he Just Ask you Drill Instructor they keep up with it
May 18th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

I wanna be a Marine but I also wanna be a Navy SEAL. I just wanted to know if I could take BUD/S and be a Navy SEAL and then be apart of the navy. Also is it true that Marine Boot Camp caries over to any other branch of service.
--
May 18th, 2005  
03USMC

No Marines do not go to BUD/S and get qualed as Naval Special Warfare Operators.

If you want to be a SEAL and be in the Navy then join the Navy and put in a packet for BUD/S. Your not getting there as a Marine.

Yes Recruit Training carries over for Former Marines.
June 1st, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Your gettin into touchy and iffy scenerios here. A PFC outranks a Private and in theory can give a Private Orders. However a PFC will rarely ever be in a postion to exert authority over Privates unless under the supervision of a Lcpl or an NCO and then it will take the form of a training evalution generally.

All enlisted Marines must follow all lawful orders from all commissioned officers (this includes Warrant Officers) of the United States Armed Forces and Allied Nations. Regardless of whether you are a Private or a Master Gunnery Sergeant.
Does that mean the officer can tell me to do whatever he/she wants like go get him a beer or anything
June 2nd, 2005  
03USMC

As long as the Order is lawful and does not violate the UCMJ Yes. An Officer can tell you to do just about anything.

Your Beer question. Well I never had an Officer order me to get them a beer,soda or whatever. I've had them ask me to grab them one or even send me on beer/pougie bait run. But never order me.
June 3rd, 2005  
lonh

[/quote]I wanna be a Marine but I also wanna be a Navy SEAL. I just wanted to know if I could take BUD/S and be a Navy SEAL and then be apart of the navy. Also is it true that Marine Boot Camp caries over to any other branch of service.[/
Quote:
why be a SEAL when you can be Force Recon
June 3rd, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

I wanna be a Marine but I also wanna be a Navy SEAL. I just wanted to know if I could take BUD/S and be a Navy SEAL and then be apart of the navy. Also is it true that Marine Boot Camp caries over to any other branch of service.[/
Quote:
why be a SEAL when you can be Force Recon
[/quote]

Which brings me to my next question. Whats the difference between a SEAL and a Force Recon Marine, besides ones in the Navy and ones a Marine?
June 3rd, 2005  
03USMC

Their missions are different.

Force Recon conducts Recon missions for the MEF. They are not part of USSOCOM.
June 3rd, 2005  
wolfen

Not quite to that extreme, I never had anybody that outranked me tell me to get them a beer, they might ask at a command function, but thats all. Any officer, NCO or Petty Officer cannot give you an order that that violates, the UCMJ, or Federal, state and local laws.