Favourite National Anthem - Page 3

View Poll Results :Which Country has the best National Anthem?
USA (Star spangled banner) 21 45.65%
Canada (O Canada) 3 6.52%
Great Britain (God Save the Queen) 6 13.04%
Italy (Inno di Mameli) 1 2.17%
Australia (Advance Australia Fair) 3 6.52%
France (Les Marseilles) 1 2.17%
Germany (Deutschland Uber Alles) 6 13.04%
Other (Please State) 5 10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

July 20th, 2004  
GADefence

<shrugs> So I was wrong is saying it was ironic, I remember disliking is and I thought it was due to irony. I read quite a few American songs like that since I came here, and didn't enjoy a single one of them. So I'm sorry I said it was ironic.
July 20th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I'm rather proud of American songs, I like them.

I read the Candian national anthem and I must admit I really love the lyrics, expecially the full version (I don't know how much you usually sing. We usually sing the first stanza) However, I have not been able to find a version with the words sung as well. If anyone comes across one, post it or send me a link. Thanks.

8)
July 20th, 2004  
GADefence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
I'm rather proud of American songs, I like them.

I read the Candian national anthem and I must admit I really love the lyrics, expecially the full version (I don't know how much you usually sing. We usually sing the first stanza) However, I have not been able to find a version with the words sung as well. If anyone comes across one, post it or send me a link. Thanks.

8)
If I can ever find the version I truly adord (you'd be hearing a few in french), I'll send them to you. The lyrics are good for a country at peace. We usually sing it all out. We'll, most Canadians don't sing it, we play it all out however.
--
Boots
July 21st, 2004  
dsj

The north korean national anthem is the best. Most solem, deep and rich. This again shows third world countries are the best on this type of thing like propagandas. They have the most moving deceitful ideas.
July 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

http://www.thenationalanthems.com/

Thats a nice little site.
July 23rd, 2004  
AFSteliga

Canada's national anthem for me. The reason is fairly simple.

I AM CANADIAN!
July 23rd, 2004  
otterbear2468

I am from the US and am right now in it, so...

NO DUH! THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER!

July 24th, 2004  
Bootboy82

My favorite is the athem of Germany (East). I think they should have taken this song as the German anthem after the reunion because the music AND the lyrics are a thousand times better.
July 29th, 2004  
silent driller

The US, of course! Britain has a good one also.
September 3rd, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

God Save The Queen but what about Rule Brittania.