Favorite Motorcycle

View Poll Results :Favorite pocket rocket?
Harley 10 40.00%
Ducati/Aprilia/Mv Agusta (other Italians) 4 16.00%
Yamaha/Kwak/Suzuki 6 24.00%
something I missed? 4 16.00%
Custom Chopper 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 17th, 2004  
egoz

Topic: Favorite Motorcycle

I didn't want to get side tracked in the Fav Car thread, so here it is. What's your favorite croch rocket?

not to influence your decision, but isn't she a beauty?
November 17th, 2004  
AussieNick

Ah I was thinking of starting a thread along these lines.

Really it is a horrible question to have to decide. I love them all

I'd have to give you a bit of a list; MV Agusta F4 SPR, Ducati 996R, Aprilia Mille R, Yamaha YZFR1 '04, and maybe if I had to pick a naked bike I'd say an Aprilia Tuono R.

I only have 2 Honda CBR250RR's, so I need to upgrade to something big ASAP [/img]
November 17th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
I only have 2 Honda CBR250RR's, so I need to upgrade to something big ASAP
i've found that a small 2 stroke bike could be just as fun as a big 4 stroke. shifting the hell out of the bike and reving to the limiter is fun. probably not so good for the bike, but it gets you a lot of practice in. i'm talking about the aprilia RS50 btw. That is a fun starter bike, no denying that.
--
Boots
November 17th, 2004  
AussieNick

Yeah but I'm 6 foot 3, so a 250 just isn't cutting the mustard anymore, I look like a gorilla trying to ride a football. But yeah, riding a 250 at 18,000 RPM through the hills a hoot
November 17th, 2004  
Trevor

Yamaha YZF R6. Crotch rockets are sweet.
November 17th, 2004  
AlexKall

Suzuki Hayabusa
November 17th, 2004  
egoz

I have a couple pics of my old bike. The red one is the R6, the dark purple looking one is the R1. The R1 is my friend's bike. It got toasted though when some guy hit him from behind on the freeway doing 70mph. 2 months of rehab and he's back and riding again....
R6
R1
November 17th, 2004  
Hegario

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
I have a couple pics of my old bike. The red one is the R6, the dark purple looking one is the R1. The R1 is my friend's bike. It got toasted though when some guy hit him from behind on the freeway doing 70mph. 2 months of rehab and he's back and riding again....
R6
R1
Speaking about R1's. There was a guy driving an R1 here in my hometown who filmed himself doing it. He spread it to the internet afterwards. It was pretty weird watching him go 270 kph where I drive with my VW almost daily. Fortunately he was so stupid that he didn't edit out the license plates of the cars and they catched him in the end.
November 17th, 2004  
egoz

They had a vid like that on TV. But the guy was driving a Ferrari F40 and he was flying down some road. The commentator said that the cops bought a video he was selling on the street and arrested him later. But I've seen a lot worst without the editing. I think it's just a matter of the willingness of the cops to go after someone.
November 17th, 2004  
pimp_squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
They had a vid like that on TV. But the guy was driving a Ferrari F40 and he was flying down some road. The commentator said that the cops bought a video he was selling on the street and arrested him later. But I've seen a lot worst without the editing. I think it's just a matter of the willingness of the cops to go after someone.
There's another guy who did that with a go cart...imagine going down small skinny streets @ 70 MPH an inch off the ground