Favorite Motorcycle - Page 3

View Poll Results :Favorite pocket rocket?
Harley 10 40.00%
Ducati/Aprilia/Mv Agusta (other Italians) 4 16.00%
Yamaha/Kwak/Suzuki 6 24.00%
something I missed? 4 16.00%
Custom Chopper 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

March 28th, 2009  
senojekips

Harley's are getting better since the Japs showed them how to build an engine that would start easily and keep the oil on the inside instead of dripping all over the floor of your shed.
March 29th, 2009  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Harley's are getting better since the Japs showed them how to build an engine that would start easily and keep the oil on the inside instead of dripping all over the floor of your shed.
I thought it was only British bikes that leaked oil.

I often remarked when a Triumph dont leak oil, its because there's no oil left in it to leak
March 29th, 2009  
senojekips

I had a Royal Enfield 350 "Bullet" many years ago that was pretty clean. I sold it to a mate who made it into a dirt track bike in the late 1960's.

I found it under a pile of bags leaning against a bench in a disused farm shed and paid 10 quid for it. It had a 1941 rego sticker on it and I literally pumped up the tyres, checked the oil, borrowed a gallon of petrol, and rode it 4 miles home, unregistered. All we needed was a battery jump to get the ignition working as the battery was buggered.

I think all I ever did to it was to get new tyres, battery and re upholster the seat which had been attacked by mice.
--
Boots
March 29th, 2009  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I had a Royal Enfield 350 "Bullet" many years ago that was pretty clean. I sold it to a mate who made it into a dirt track bike in the late 1960's..
I cant remember what year my dads 350 bullet was, all I can remember it had a rigid rear frame and tele front forks.

Various main dealers are converting the new Bullets into dirt bikes, with that single 500 thumper, it should have a lot of low down torque.

I also hear a company in UK is producing Vincent Black Shadows as per the originals to order. I hear they cost the same as a medium sized car.
March 31st, 2009  
major liability

If I were getting a bike it would most definitely be a BMW.

My friend had a ZX-14 Ninja, that thing was a beast. It could probably take a Hayabusa with riders of equal skill.
March 31st, 2009  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
If I were getting a bike it would most definitely be a BMW.

My friend had a ZX-14 Ninja, that thing was a beast. It could probably take a Hayabusa with riders of equal skill.

I have the ZX-1200 and love it but I voted for the Ducati as I have always wanted one.
April 4th, 2009  
Fox

Definitely Harley-Davidson.
September 30th, 2009  
Nina

Harleys.
November 9th, 2009  
sky2979

Wish I had one.....sigh.....