A Farewell Haka

I am not so sure I agree.
1. I really do not like the idea that the army appears to be using this event as publicity.
2. New Zealand takes every opportunity to do a Haka, everything from civil events to school rugby games and I am sure that they probably try one every time a kid visits the sandbox at Kindergarten.
They are so over used in this country that they no longer have meaning, they have become the New Zealand version of the USA, USA, USA chant, over used, loud and somewhat obnoxious.

I have no issue with the there troops being given this send off but I believe it should have remained a private affair and not a publicity stunt.

Its very touching.

Monty, I am sure when this happened- the haka, I mean- no one present at that time had any idea that this would go viral... Things sometimes just has a life of their own...

If this will have a good effect and have more people having a higher regard for the military- I am all for it...

This is just like the cop in New York that bought a pair of ?boots for a homeless guy out of his own pocket. I am sure that he did not do for publicity, but he was cauight on video and it too, went viral...

Back