Famous Qoutes....can you find them?

Anya1982

Banned
Ok trying to find something for people to do to test you. Its a little game, see if you can find out who stated these qoutes:

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it."

"You cannot do wrong without suffering wrong."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable."

"I saw the crown of France on the ground, and I picked it up with a sword"

Have fun

:lol:

hi

Do what you want to them.............Just thought it be a brain teaser for people or something to do for people when bored. I got stack loads of qoutes lol

#1 David Starr Jordan
He was a noted educator, scientist and peace activist. Born January 19, 1851, in Gainesville, NY.. :)

#2 Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) was a major American poet, philosopher and center of the American Transcendental movement.

#3 James A. Baldwin
1924–87, American author, born in New York City.

#4 Possible wrong quote..
The correct one could be:
“I found the crown of France laying on the ground, and I picked it up with a sword”
or
"The crown of France was lying on the ground. I picked it with my sword,"
or
found the crown of France
lying in the gutter and I picked it up with my SWORD.".
Anyway, it was Napoleons own words on how he became the emperor.. :)

Easy.. :D

1. OK trhen try these/
  2. It takes 15,000 casualties to train a major general
  3. Young man you did avery fine thing to give up a most promising career to fight for your country.Mark you,had you not done so,it would have been despicable
  4. Oh! he is mad is he?Then i wish he would bite some of my generals.[list/]

KC72 said:
  1. OK trhen try these/
  2. It takes 15,000 casualties to train a major general
  3. Young man you did avery fine thing to give up a most promising career to fight for your country.Mark you,had you not done so,it would have been despicable
  4. Oh! he is mad is he?Then i wish he would bite some of my generals.[list/]

Winstone Churhill said the 2nd one: "Young man, you did a very fine thing to give up a most promising career to fight for your country. Mark you had you not done so, it would have been despicable"

OK trhen try these/
It takes 15,000 casualties to train a major general
Young man you did avery fine thing to give up a most promising career to fight for your country.Mark you,had you not done so,it would have been despicable
Oh! he is mad is he?Then i wish he would bite some of my generals.[list/]

King George II said "oh! he is mad is he? then i wish he would bite some of my generals" about General Wolfe

and Ferdinand Foch said the first one

Try find the famous ones in history whom said these quotes.

"No poor bastard won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other dumb bastard die for his."

"I know not with what weapons world war 3 will be fought with, but i know world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

Dragonking said:
Try find the famous ones in history whom said these quotes.

"No poor bastard won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other dumb bastard die for his."

"I know not with what weapons world war 3 will be fought with, but i know world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

Without looking them up, Gen. Patton and Albert Einstein?

Hwo about these?
1. There is nothing so strange and so unbelievable that it has not been said by one philosopher or another.
2. They certainly give very strange names to diseases.

#1 Rene Descartes ? he was a theology revolutionary
#2 Was that Plato

Every one would know who said "Hold em' by the nose and kick em' in the arse" (Spelled wrong to censore) :D

Here is one:
It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.

Back