F-35 Martin after F-16 retired? Then more jets. - Page 2

--

March 11th, 2015  
The Think Tanker

2,000 F-22(A) Raptors? Are you sure? There were only around 200 F-22's currently in service, with no plans to pull up production again (unless, of course, war breaks out.) this is mainly because the F-22 is so bloody expensive. And about the F-16, the newest variants are what we call a 4.5 Gen fighter, meaning that while it is not F-22 level, its been upgraded to a new standard. When we are talking about US upgraded F-16C Block. 52's and F-16E/F Block. 60's, I believe that they are fully capable of taking on Su-30's, Su-35's, EF2000 Eurofighter Typhoons, Rafales and the like. Also, based upon the current rate of F-35 progression, I believe until we start seeing the F-35 producing some actual results, we will not retire the F-16's, and even if the F-35 becomes the fighter its supposed to be, the F-16 and F-15's still have their own niches of being cheaper, and more maneuverable airframes.
March 11th, 2015  
tetvet

The problem with the F-35 is it won't fly its also beyond human ability to fly it the F=35 is a white elephant .
March 11th, 2015  
The Think Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
The problem with the F-35 is it won't fly its also beyond human ability to fly it the F=35 is a white elephant .
The problem with the F-35 is its trying to replace so many planes, while each of those planes are superior in their respective roles then the F-35. Also, the fact that the F-35 cannot pull more then 6 G's is embarrassing.
--
March 11th, 2015  
tetvet

25 F-35 were sold to Canada sans Engines which were come shortly afterwards that was 3-4 years ago .
March 11th, 2015  
The Think Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
25 F-35 were sold to Canada sans Engines which were come shortly afterwards that was 3-4 years ago .
Canada should simply buy some F/A-18E/F Block. III's with APG-79, that way they get a multi-role, relatively cheap, two-engine, large payload, maneuverable, great BVR aircraft
March 11th, 2015  
tetvet

No doubt Canada has had a lot of second thoughts concerning the F-35 .
March 12th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Think Tanker
Canada should simply buy some F/A-18E/F Block. III's with APG-79, that way they get a multi-role, relatively cheap, two-engine, large payload, maneuverable, great BVR aircraft
Its a very good aeroplane, I'd like to see the Royal Navy buy it for the two new carriers coming on line.

From what I have heard/read the F35 has too many problems.
March 12th, 2015  
The Think Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Its a very good aeroplane, I'd like to see the Royal Navy buy it for the two new carriers coming on line.

From what I have heard/read the F35 has too many problems.
I agree, unfortunately, the Eurofighter Typhoon simply isn't cut out (nor was it designed to be) a multi-mission aircraft, and Britain will likely not want to switch to American designs (even if simply for the reason of national pride).