F-22 crashes - Page 2

--

December 22nd, 2004  
c/Commander

Yep, that's all I wanted, thanks.
December 23rd, 2004  
Darcia

You cannot always think everything will go right when testing a new weapon.
December 23rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think this was more of a case of maintenance flaw. usually that is the case when a plane barely gets off the ground before crashing.
--
December 23rd, 2004  
Darcia

Yeah but you know how things like this tend to go, Always the pilots fault cause it makes the aircraft look alright.
December 23rd, 2004  
Kane

Well, technical difficulties is probably an issue here I think. The pilot is well trained, but I say it was 50/50 human error...if there was any.
December 24th, 2004  
Trevor

Is this that same accident where the computer failed and the plane went into negative stability, and crashed on approach?
December 24th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

I think its pilot error, you gotta keep in mind its a multi million dollar jet, they probably triple checked everything on it before it left the hangar. Then when it was out of the hangar they re double checked it. Then they ran a computer scan while it was taxiing to the run way. I mean I dont know if they did that or not, but I would if you got that much money on the line.

Then again its always easier to blame the pilot.
January 1st, 2005  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
You cannot always think everything will go right when testing a new weapon.
True enough. Look at the(MV-22) Osprey! It only recently went back into testing after several nasty crashes.
January 2nd, 2005  
Darcia

The best thing about this F-22 project is that there is no way they can cancel it cause if they did it would be riots due to how much money they spent on it. So basicly they have to get it right.
January 6th, 2005  
CESSNA

From what I read it was not pilot error but an error in computer software similar to what made the F-22 test plane crash on landing. The error caused increased pitch sensitivity that was unable to be controlled.

Another reason that I do not believe it was pilot error is because the pilot was one of the most experienced Raptor pilots and had logged over 60 hours in that plane.