Evolutıon????

farukmert said:
I ask for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer

Yep you can build a building without any ground floor. Just set up the walls in a square, support sections crossing from lower to upper corner and place the roof - just some fiddeling and digging - adjusting height on the sections, adjusting arcs and angles to fit. That is called the theory of architecture :read:

Any theory can be in detail without explaining the origin of the first living organism. Take the theory of nuclear fission or the combustion engine - two working concepts that started by a theory - no need to explain the amoeba to create an engine, IMO.

scientist understand perfectly about the orgin of nuclear fission or engine, and how do they work, where their orgin power come from, and they can create two of them perfectly.

by the way, theory are for those which have not been fully proved yet, i bet fission and engine are proved beyond reasonable doubt.

on the other hand, God's existance and power are pretty much impossible to be proved under the standard of scientific method.

that is why, you dont compare creationism to evolution, because how are you going to set a standard? faith based? or evidence based?

So the "it works in theory" is proven wrong, then?

On the other hand, isn't creationism the source for evolution? And evidence based on fact?

Just asking...

sunb! said:
So the "it works in theory" is proven wrong, then?

On the other hand, isn't creationism the source for evolution? And evidence based on fact?

Just asking...

It works in theory means scientifically it has not been proven through experiment. Evolution has scientific evidence to back it up, but there are parts that have difficulties to explain.

on the other hand, if using the standard of science to judge creationism, there is viturally no evidence to prove the existance of god or even existance of Jesus.....that is why you dont mix science and religion together...cuz the standard is just different..

and may i ask what do you mean by the source for evolution is creationism?

If you want progress you have to be creative, learn by your failures and improve your ideas and work until it become perfect. When is it perfect? When you are satisfied with the result they give you.

totally agree with that,

evolution is constantly improving as more and more evidence are being digged up and studied.

we cannot expect something to be perfect when it is first emerged
remember? humans used to think electricity flow from positive to negative, and actually it flows from negative to postive, the old one is now called conventional electricity flow. although it was a mistake, it helped humans to understand electricity more and learned how to use it.

on the other hand, some creationists still stuck with their religious theory come from thousands of years ago, and try to battle the pace of science....

waste of time

farukmert said:
I ask for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer

House_on_Stilts.jpg

Yeah Sunb, that's deep.

and I used my picture to express my deeper meaning. The meaning of how you CAN build completely working theories when the bottom floor is still incomplete to a degree. ;)

sadly, we are always live in a world with no complete knowledge of pretty much anything, and that is why we have to study and explore all the time.

incomplete or not, at least those theories have scientific proves to call them theories.

if you want to counter evolution, you got to use science to counter it, rather than religion, or some quasi-science, the so-called intelligence design, which in my opinion degrades God into something part of the nature.

"Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"If power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Where does that leave God?"- My good friend Mickey the Agnostic.
Why is the bible missing twelve years of Jesus' life? ;) If he truly is the son of God then I doubt they'd leave out twelve years of his life. That's 27.5% of his life they're forgetting about. That is of course, if Jesus really was crucified ;).

a wise pastor said this : "everything in Bible is true, some of them happened".

as long as you put your faith in, religion works,

but science is different, believe or not, you got to have evidence

So explain to me why creationism and evolution cant co-exist?

I am an agnostic by nature but it strikes me that all we are discussing is a starting event in creationism and the following development in evolution the two are not mutually exclusive.

Back