Europe and asia - Page 3

--

July 27th, 2004  
dsj

What's the point of this? Are you making fun of me?
July 27th, 2004  
dsj

What's wrong with my posts
July 27th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Topic: Re: Europe and asia

[quote="dsj"]
During the early and high middle ages the crusade represented european strength. They took over vital areas to the muslims so quickly and they held them for such a long time with massive support from the european countries. The islamic world never owned so many major western european cities. The crusades ended because the europeans lost interest, probably not because they weren't able to. [quote]

The europeans could not hold onto jerusalem or the holy lands and were driven off after each crusade by the muslims they ended the crusades because they couldnt dive the muslim turks out!

[quote="dsj"]The chinese were not a innovative race.[quote]
thats quite a claim since the chinese were the first to discover a way of printing and first made gunpowder
--
July 28th, 2004  
dsj

[quote="skywalker"][quote="dsj"]
During the early and high middle ages the crusade represented european strength. They took over vital areas to the muslims so quickly and they held them for such a long time with massive support from the european countries. The islamic world never owned so many major western european cities. The crusades ended because the europeans lost interest, probably not because they weren't able to. [quote]

The europeans could not hold onto jerusalem or the holy lands and were driven off after each crusade by the muslims they ended the crusades because they couldnt dive the muslim turks out!

[quote="dsj"]The chinese were not a innovative race.
Quote:
thats quite a claim since the chinese were the first to discover a way of printing and first made gunpowder
If they were not stronger than the turks they would been held back from taking any land in the middle east. They were driven out because the europeans lost interest and stopped supporting it. The chinese were behind in science. The little inventions are technology, not science. The europeans have valued natural sciences since the days of the greeks. but the chinese trusted on religion and beliefs and valued literature.
July 28th, 2004  
Shadowalker

[quote="dsj"][quote="skywalker"][quote="dsj"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsj
The chinese were not a innovative race.
Quote:
If they were not stronger than the turks they would been held back from taking any land in the middle east. They were driven out because the europeans lost interest and stopped supporting it. The chinese were behind in science. The little inventions are technology, not science.

You didnt specify, you said they werent an innovative race but if you had said in science i would of agreed but you didnt say so i just took it as being generally!

The europeans have valued natural sciences since the days of the greeks. but the chinese trusted on religion and beliefs and valued literature.

After the fall of the roman empire a lot of the knowledge on natural sciences was lost in western europe and it wasnt until the renaissance that they were intersted in natural sciences again and that was only because they got a lot of information from the muslims in spain, middle east etc.
July 28th, 2004  
dsj

The famous works from mathematicians and other phlosophers survived which is better than the eastern counter parts.
July 28th, 2004  
Shadowalker

We live in a western society and so we know the history of western civilizations a lot better than we know eastern civilizations which is why we know about the famus scientists, philosphers, mathematicians!
I expect if we lived in china/came from a eastern civilization then we would know about there historical scientist etc.

Just because we havent heard about them doesnt mean they didnt exist!
Budda comes from the east and he could in someways be considered a philospher!

Studies in biology has been extensive, and historic records are consulted upon today, such as pharmacopoeias of natural medicinal plants. - I took this from Wikipedia, and it shows that the chinese werent behind europeans in biological? science, otherwise they would not be saying that chinese sources from centuries ago were still being used today!
July 28th, 2004  
dsj

Actually, I'm from china.
July 28th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Sorry i thought you were canadian! sorry but it seems strange to me that your discrediting your societys history, so far from what ive read youve been picking up all the bad bits about chinese history and not been telling us any of the good things!
July 28th, 2004  
dsj

China wasn't good in military elieteness and science. It had an unique culture but that dosen't affect military strength and scientifical progress.