enlist or commission??

phcarl3034

Im stuck in quite the sticky situation. I'm a cadet at North Georgia College, and I want to be in the Army somehow. When I tried to contract and sign my life away to becoming an officer, it got rejected. I have too many red flags (Minor in possession of alcohol, speeding ticket, and admitted frequent use of marijuana.) The commandant said he won't look at my case again until next spring. I have always had an urge in my heart to enlist, but my brain tells me to commission. From all the military guys out there, what do you think i should do? if I enlist, I'm gonna get into the RASP (Ranger Assessment Selection Program) or 18 x-ray. I wanna become an officer one day, but wouldnt mind enlisting first.

in this case... go ahead and enlist first. Do one enlistment and then apply for OCS. Make sure you are working on college as you go along so that won't be an issue when you finally get into OCS or separate from the military to go back to the Green to Gold program. Good luck.

I totally agree, go ahead and enlist. If you are successful you will have opportunities to advance and Team Infidels advice is right on - get your degree if you can, if not then continue towards the degree while on active duty. Whether you stay enlisted or try for a commission or Warrant Officer appointment (or get out) the degree will be of great value.

Back