elective?

--

September 18th, 2004  
webs

Topic: elective?

this is an elective thing, its not after school right?
September 18th, 2004  
Darkmb101

What JROTC? its probably a zero period/after school thing that counts for p.e. credits., but im just guessing.
September 19th, 2004  
webs

yea, thats what i thought
--
September 19th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

At our school, JROTC counts as a history. It is a 4.0 class I believe, and it takes up a period. It is an elective, just as art, spanish, and other things are, but I think there might be a way to get 5.0 for it. YOu have extra-curricular activities that go with it, and I think they might count for something, altho I wasn't eligible for them, cause i'm not in JROTC. I think they might have been the .5 credit things, like marching band.
September 19th, 2004  
webs

so collefges like it too?
September 19th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by webs
so collefges like it too?
Depending on what your major is, or what you are planning to do. JROTC might not make a difference if I went to a school of the arts for music, but a college like Norwich might like it if I got the Bronze Cross of Achievement or something.

Please be a little more specific what you are referring too.
September 19th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCadet142
At our school, JROTC counts as a history. It is a 4.0 class I believe, and it takes up a period. It is an elective, just as art, spanish, and other things are, but I think there might be a way to get 5.0 for it. YOu have extra-curricular activities that go with it, and I think they might count for something, altho I wasn't eligible for them, cause i'm not in JROTC. I think they might have been the .5 credit things, like marching band.
This is correct and is the way all JROTC programs work.
September 19th, 2004  
JAdkinson

Actually at my School because of the PT. 2 years of JROTC counted as your one credit of Gym
September 20th, 2004  
webs

is JROTC just in military schools or is it in just regular old public schools?
September 21st, 2004  
Darkmb101

both, why did u create a sperate topic for this question?