The Elders Scrolls: Oblivion

mmarsh

Anybody play Eldar Scrolls Oblivion, pretty freak'in amazing.

For peaple who are unfamiliar with it, its different from other rpg or mmorpg. You dont level up by killing baddies but by using the skills when your hero was created. Also the game is a huge 16 mile world, and you can do anything in it. Sneak into people houses and rob them, join the fighters guild, become a gladiator or an assasin. Hero or Villan your rep will have consequences.

You can even become a Vampire (with all the pluses and minuses)...

For people already playing I'm really curious to here your custom character configurations. Right now I am shooting for a fighter with some thieving skills...

Time to get back to it...

I am a
Nord
Birthsign: the Warrior
Sneak, Marksman, heavy armor, block, blade, restoration and armorer.
Im thinking of dropping armorer and getting security instead...

mmarsh said:
You can even become a Vampire (with all the pluses and minuses)...

Sounds like Morrowind.

I really can't wait to get this game, I've been sitting on my hands for over a friggin' year. It's on hold, but I won't be able to pick it up for another 3 weeks. Argh!

THE best game EVER.

I used to play "The elder scrolls Morrowind" man this game is simple... "THE BEST".

And now? look! a new one! I am sooo looking foreward to it, its just amazing..

I spent hours and hours playing The elder scrolls morrowind..

Shame though, I used to be "The Dragon of the imperial Legion", and I hear that Oblivion doesnt have the Imperial Legion.. thats the saddest thing.. shame really.. I spent my entire life working for them, bulidng up me character. I had 100% heavy armour and long sword, about 90% block and speed. Man I was magnificent..

The Imperial Legion now? its gone with the wind..

I also would liked it we can somehow made our previous characters playable in the new game but.. Also, woundt this game be wonderful if we could go online?

anyway, bottom line, I am looking foreward to getting it, should be here in no time 8)

*oh and btw, would a Nividia Geforce FX 5500 do pretty okay? wont it lag or get slower or something? thanx :)

Last edited:
I've been on the fence about Oblivion for the PC. It got a good review from PCGamer and everyone seems to like it.

But I'm a guy that likes RPGs like Fallout and Arcanum and shooters like BF2 and FEAR. Is is going to be too much 'fatastical dungeons and dragons' for a normal gamer to get into or will I have no problem getting into the universe/storyline?

Whispering Death said:
But I'm a guy that likes RPGs like Fallout and Arcanum and shooters like BF2 and FEAR. Is is going to be too much 'fatastical dungeons and dragons' for a normal gamer to get into or will I have no problem getting into the universe/storyline?

you will love it 8)

Its not that of a fantasy. Kind of medieval environment. A few weird looking creatures yes, but thats great :)

As for KC72, me too, I wanted to get the 360 just for this game, but thought it wasnt worth it because I dont have enough money, and thought of bying the ps3 first. Sooo I guess I am getting this game for the pc. Also, the pc has many options, like mods and additional stuff.. You can also mod ur carachters abilities and make it a 100, or if u want, a 200!! 8)

MightyMacbeth

I hate to tell you this, I dont know what kind of rig you run but your FX5500 really isnt going to cut it. The game is a resource pig, I would really recommend you either upgrade your graphics card or get a Xbox 360.

If you need help, drop me a PM...

Last night my champion won several matches in the Arena, blood was spilling, gold was flowing, and the crowd was chanting 'Maximus, Maximus' :). Then 'Maximus' had a unfortunate encounter with a female orc, or rather the very large magic warhammer she was carrying. The End.

I'm using a Radeon X800XL (256mb), 2Gb memory and an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and I have to use 1024x768, no Anti-Aliasing and turn of some of the shadows.
So mmarsh is right, the FX5500 will probably not give you any good gaming experience, if you're able to run it at all..

me and my misery.. Nevertheless! I shall prevail.. soon enough, I shall muster up the needed force. And when i do... "Oblivion, here I come, so prepare..".

8)

mmarsh, one PM coming right at ya!

This game has had me hooked since i got it.

I seriously gave up a good day at the range to play this game and that is something special :)

Theres nothing like sneaking into someones house, assisnateing them, then eating the food off there table. Then stealing there jewlery.

Level 15 woodelf-shadow-theif.

Not so lucky Im afraid. I just found my first gripe, like its predecessors the game is buggy.

Last night it froze just as I was doing a quicksave, and know it refuses to load any of my savegames.

MightyMacbeth said:
thats bad..
really? I thought it would be perfect...
Oh tell me this is a late april fools joke..

I wish it was. Its still a good buy though, and bersunda says its working on a patch...

mmarsh said:
I wish it was. Its still a good buy though, and bersunda says its working on a patch...

All games have their hiccups.

Drink a shot of scotch, take a deep breath and jump back in. I had 80 hours into KOTOR and saved while that :cen: Mission was cloaked, lost it all.

lol, KOTORS was a real good game :)

mmarsh, patches?? u gotta be kidding, man I dont download those stuff, and they are just too complicating for me heh..
Okay so anyway, what did u do since u lost everything?? is it that bad and demoralizing?

Last edited:
***Important

I lost everything I'm afraid. The Tech support says its a bug to due with the fact that savegame fileshave a greater chance to become currupted after 1000K. The only way around it is to make backups of your save game files. Which I recommend everybody do unless you want risk losing your entire character, like I did.

So basically I started again. The game is so vast I just started doing quests I hadn't done before, (I also snunk a hour or so in with Silent Hunter III to break the montony) but basic Im back to square one.

Back