The Elders Scrolls: Oblivion

--

March 29th, 2006  
mmarsh

Topic: The Elders Scrolls: Oblivion

Anybody play Eldar Scrolls Oblivion, pretty freak'in amazing.

For peaple who are unfamiliar with it, its different from other rpg or mmorpg. You dont level up by killing baddies but by using the skills when your hero was created. Also the game is a huge 16 mile world, and you can do anything in it. Sneak into people houses and rob them, join the fighters guild, become a gladiator or an assasin. Hero or Villan your rep will have consequences.

You can even become a Vampire (with all the pluses and minuses)...

For people already playing I'm really curious to here your custom character configurations. Right now I am shooting for a fighter with some thieving skills...

Time to get back to it...

I am a
Nord
Birthsign: the Warrior
Sneak, Marksman, heavy armor, block, blade, restoration and armorer.
Im thinking of dropping armorer and getting security instead...
March 29th, 2006  
Redleg

Got it yesterday, so I've just started..
Trying w/ Dark Elf, Birthsign the Warrior and battle mage..

I usually don't have much time to play PC games, but physics, graphics and storyline of this one certainly looks amazing so I'll try to free some time for it this weekend..

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm
http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm
March 29th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
You can even become a Vampire (with all the pluses and minuses)...
Sounds like Morrowind.

I really can't wait to get this game, I've been sitting on my hands for over a friggin' year. It's on hold, but I won't be able to pick it up for another 3 weeks. Argh!
--
March 29th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

THE best game EVER.

I used to play "The elder scrolls Morrowind" man this game is simple... "THE BEST".

And now? look! a new one! I am sooo looking foreward to it, its just amazing..

I spent hours and hours playing The elder scrolls morrowind..

Shame though, I used to be "The Dragon of the imperial Legion", and I hear that Oblivion doesnt have the Imperial Legion.. thats the saddest thing.. shame really.. I spent my entire life working for them, bulidng up me character. I had 100% heavy armour and long sword, about 90% block and speed. Man I was magnificent..

The Imperial Legion now? its gone with the wind..

I also would liked it we can somehow made our previous characters playable in the new game but.. Also, woundt this game be wonderful if we could go online?

anyway, bottom line, I am looking foreward to getting it, should be here in no time 8)

*oh and btw, would a Nividia Geforce FX 5500 do pretty okay? wont it lag or get slower or something? thanx
March 30th, 2006  
KC72

i'm thinking of buying a xbox 360 just for this game, loved elder scrolls!
March 30th, 2006  
Whispering Death

I've been on the fence about Oblivion for the PC. It got a good review from PCGamer and everyone seems to like it.

But I'm a guy that likes RPGs like Fallout and Arcanum and shooters like BF2 and FEAR. Is is going to be too much 'fatastical dungeons and dragons' for a normal gamer to get into or will I have no problem getting into the universe/storyline?
March 30th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
But I'm a guy that likes RPGs like Fallout and Arcanum and shooters like BF2 and FEAR. Is is going to be too much 'fatastical dungeons and dragons' for a normal gamer to get into or will I have no problem getting into the universe/storyline?
you will love it 8)

Its not that of a fantasy. Kind of medieval environment. A few weird looking creatures yes, but thats great

As for KC72, me too, I wanted to get the 360 just for this game, but thought it wasnt worth it because I dont have enough money, and thought of bying the ps3 first. Sooo I guess I am getting this game for the pc. Also, the pc has many options, like mods and additional stuff.. You can also mod ur carachters abilities and make it a 100, or if u want, a 200!! 8)
March 30th, 2006  
KC72

i don't think my PC is up to it, so it's the xbox for me.
March 30th, 2006  
mmarsh

MightyMacbeth

I hate to tell you this, I dont know what kind of rig you run but your FX5500 really isnt going to cut it. The game is a resource pig, I would really recommend you either upgrade your graphics card or get a Xbox 360.

If you need help, drop me a PM...

Last night my champion won several matches in the Arena, blood was spilling, gold was flowing, and the crowd was chanting 'Maximus, Maximus' . Then 'Maximus' had a unfortunate encounter with a female orc, or rather the very large magic warhammer she was carrying. The End.
March 30th, 2006  
Redleg

I'm using a Radeon X800XL (256mb), 2Gb memory and an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and I have to use 1024x768, no Anti-Aliasing and turn of some of the shadows.
So mmarsh is right, the FX5500 will probably not give you any good gaming experience, if you're able to run it at all..