Early marine basic

--

July 4th, 2005  
hopefulfuturemarine

Topic: Early marine basic

I have heard of different branches of the military offering basic training/bootcamp to people at the age of 17, that way they can join the service immediately after highschool without going through basic/bootcamp. I was wondering if there is anyone who knows of anything the Marines might offer for someone not yet out of highschool.
July 5th, 2005  
SugarCane

Well if you get your parents signature and agree to lewt you go you can. Im in JROTC in high school and one of my classmates is leaving for basic this summer so when he comes back to school he will be in the Army. <-- Well thats what he says. I think you can go to basic when your 17 with parents permission and then go back finish school and then go on your way in the military. If this is true then I know what I'm doing next summer .
July 5th, 2005  
hopefulfuturemarine

I heard that about the Army and Airforce boot camps, but I have heard nothing about the marines, which is the branch I hope to join. As a matter of fact, my cousin went through Army basic training before his senior year of highscool. That is why I am asking about marine basic.
--
July 5th, 2005  
03USMC

Only if you join the Reserves. Then you can split option.
July 7th, 2005  
implicature

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
you should for sure find a few reserve Marines before you commit to that and speak with them in length about the responsibilities and workload of a Reservist.
July 8th, 2005  
hopefulfuturemarine

I don't intend to go reserves. I want to join the corps and be in, full time all the way.
July 9th, 2005  
Judas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Marines have Reserves? Im confused now, its like I'm in the Twilight Zone
July 11th, 2005  
03USMC

Yep the Marine Corps has reserve's. USMCR.
July 12th, 2005  
BennettNC_156

so can you join the corp or not early w/o being a reservist?
July 12th, 2005  
03USMC

To have the Split Option- Recruit Training 1 Summer and MOS Training the Next. You must enlist in the Reserves.