Drug Trafficking in Submarines

blackhawk211

I was just reading an interesting article about drug trafficking in submersibles. It talks about how long it's been going on for and how it's very hard to detect/intercept these smugglers. Apparently this has been happening for a while and US now has a law against it even though it may be in international waters. I'm not quite sure how that's legal but it has to be.
The article brings up a good point...if drug traffickers can figure out these ways to carry tons of drugs with a high success rate, will we ever have to worry about terrorists bringing in WMD in submersibles? I'll leave the article link below if anyone is interested. I'd like to see other people's views on this topic!

Twilight of the Semi-submersible

Yeah pretty much.
Imagine a group of highly trained folks who trained to dish out some serious hurt and haunt the living daylights out of a few communities etc.

Goes along the same lines as denying any Terrorists are slipping in from Mexico & S.A. Chavez is real buddy buddy with the Ayatollahs & there rumors he training Arabs to act like Latinos.

I saw in CNN that the druggies were using high-tech submarines to smuggle drugs. The US Coast Guard (at least when I saw it) admitted that they didn't catch lots of them and that they were very successful.
Funny though, when blackhawk mentioned the possibilities of terrorists carrying WMDs, I began to think of North Korea. North Korea have a huge fleet of submarines (relatively strong compared to the rest of its armed forces) and there has been numerous accounts of NK subs penetrating South Korean waters. Rings any thoughts?

I saw in CNN that the druggies were using high-tech submarines to smuggle drugs. The US Coast Guard (at least when I saw it) admitted that they didn't catch lots of them and that they were very successful.
Funny though, when blackhawk mentioned the possibilities of terrorists carrying WMDs, I began to think of North Korea. North Korea have a huge fleet of submarines (relatively strong compared to the rest of its armed forces) and there has been numerous accounts of NK subs penetrating South Korean waters. Rings any thoughts?
From film reports I've seen the narco "subs" are actually quite crude cramped semisubmersibles. Obviously if you can bring in narcotics you can also bring in NBCs, Terrorists or whatever they want to, just make one to fit the cargo. Same thing applys to N.K.

Sorry, George. It was after all a few years ago and it wasn't important information for me, so thanks for correcting me.

Maybe the north korean is trafficing becuse you think of it what there source of income insted of Chinese things and how the hell north korean got rocket for nukes to iran you ask me i say maybe north korans help with trafficing it just a thory to me thanks

Such innovations should interest nations like Bangladesh sitting next to a massive neighbor who is unfriendly.

Back