Dr Strangelove OR how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

--

May 28th, 2006  
rotc boy

Topic: Dr Strangelove OR how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

I just went to go see that last night at a movie theatre...and i must say, friggin hilarious

best quote from the movie:
"And my advice to you is to give me the code now, and if those devils come back and try any rough stuff, we'll fight 'em together, boy, like we did just now, on the floor, eh? You with the old gun, and me with the belt and the ammo, feeding you -- 'Feed me' you said, and I was feeding you, Jack!"
May 28th, 2006  
The Cooler King

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!
May 28th, 2006  
bulldogg

The best part is Slim Pickens riding the bomb down... Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!
--
May 28th, 2006  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
The best part is Slim Pickens riding the bomb down... Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!
Right on!
May 28th, 2006  
deerslayer

I love that movie. "There will be no fighting here gentlemen, this is the War Room!"
May 30th, 2006  
WarMachine

"That's the way your hardcore commie works"
June 17th, 2009  
Mark Conley

When Slim Pickens started naming off all the stuff in the survival kit...chewing gum, nylons, ect. Thats my favorite part.

Anyone notice the man who played the bombedier? none other than darth vaders voice, james earl jones. classic...it was his first movie.

hey there! and lola....
June 17th, 2009  
senojekips

A real classic.

I saw it when it had only just been released, and enjoyed it immensely. If I ever see a copy in the video store I'll certainly add it to my collection.

It would have only been half the movie without Slim Pickens.
June 17th, 2009  
5.56X45mm

I have the super duper collector addition on DVD.

My two all favorite scenes in the movie......

Quote:

General "Buck" Turgidson: If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!

Quote:

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Colonel... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some change in there.
Colonel "Bat" Guano: That's private property.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Colonel! Can you possibly imagine what is going to happen to you, your frame, outlook, way of life, and everything, when they learn that you have obstructed a telephone call to the President of the United States? Can you imagine? Shoot it off! Shoot! With a gun! That's what the bullets are for, you twit!
Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.
September 10th, 2009  
gman992

The Coca-Cola quote, and the quote when the President asks George C Scott if the B-52 survive.

Also:

Russian Ambassador:
"But the deciding factor was when we learned that your country was working along similar lines, and we were afraid of a doomsday gap."

American President: "This is preposterous. I've never approved of anything like that."
Russian Ambassdor: "Our source was the New York Times."