Digital camouflage: CADPAT, MARPAT and other versions - Page 4

--

April 24th, 2005  
c/Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFAUX2004
I have one thing to say. When you look at the Marine Cover, it is pretty had to see the Chevron on it. So I say it works well, because if its pixel like design
Marine covers don't have chevrons on them, they have the EGA emblem.
April 24th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by c/LCDR
Quote:
I have one thing to say. When you look at the Marine Cover, it is pretty had to see the Chevron on it. So I say it works well, because if its pixel like design
The people you see with the eight point hat, that have their rank upon them are Seabees, Corpsmen, or Sgor Patrol/MAA. Ohe these are all Navy Personnell by the way if you can't understand, I just had to point that out.
May 4th, 2005  
AussieNick

We've had digital cam in australia since the late 80's. Our Auscam was designed by computer. They took thousands of images from around the world, especially the Australian bush, and used a computer program to analyze the shapes and colours by percentage, then create a random pattern of cloth that mimics those shape and colour percentages in the most accurate fashion. We came up with this.

--
May 4th, 2005  
c/Commander

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "digital" refer to the pattern rather than the method of creation? The Aussie cammies you posted look like our old woodlands-splotchy, rather than digital.
May 4th, 2005  
Charge 7

By "digital" they mean pixelated. The intent is to break up the image even more than the camo pattern does for the environment. Your eye naturally breaks up dots due to the cones in your eyesballs. So they aren't talking about how the pattern was created.
May 4th, 2005  
c/Commander

Alright that's what I thought, thanks!
May 5th, 2005  
AussieNick

Quote:
By "digital" they mean pixelated. The intent is to break up the image even more than the camo pattern does for the environment. Your eye naturally breaks up dots due to the cones in your eyesballs. So they aren't talking about how the pattern was created.
Ah, gotcha.... I assumed it was to do with the manufacturing involved.
May 8th, 2005  
Warwick

AUSCAM is very very similar in pattern to the WWII Marine camo as used in the pacific.
I always wondered if some lazy bugger just copied the pattern, added the bunny rabbit shapes and changed the colours to suit our bush and scrub!
May 8th, 2005  
MilidarUSMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/LCDR
Quote:
The people you see with the eight point hat, that have their rank upon them are Seabees, Corpsmen, or Sgor Patrol/MAA. Ohe these are all Navy Personnell by the way if you can't understand, I just had to point that out.
Navy personel such as corpsman are not authorized to wear there rank on there cover if wearing USMC Digi's. i would guess its the same for seabees and that other job you listed. the navy when they wear the USMC uniform, they wear it to our standards, rank goes on collar, not on cover.
May 8th, 2005  
c/Commander

Well they can't put the EGA on their covers, as they aren't Marines. That would be wearing of an unauthorized decoration, wouldn't it?