December 29th, 2004  
Turner

i don;t think there are not good those not strong enough
December 29th, 2004  
03USMC

Strong enough for what?
December 29th, 2004  
Pete031

the whole thing about the cadpat, is that through night vision and IR it still disrupts your pattern, the Camo still works even when looking through the night vision aids, compared to BDU's or DPM's which as far as I know, just look green through night vision
--
December 29th, 2004  
r031Button

I know some of the first CADPAT issued had serious problems fading when washed; it's been corrected but it's still not perfect.

PS: Nothing bugs me more then Cadets in CADPAT when I have OD's:P
December 29th, 2004  
c/Commander

LOL, yeah, some CAP guys got all worked up at us because our JROTC unit bought MARPAT woodland BDUs (with our own money) and they were stuck with their old patterns instead of the new Air Force patterns. Suckers!
December 29th, 2004  
r031Button

See that's not an issue, I get really irritated when the Cadets Program have better kit then Combat Soliders
December 29th, 2004  
Turner

not strong for the woods like if you get worked with something it is going to rip
December 29th, 2004  
03USMC

Oh believe me. They've been field tested. They Work.
December 29th, 2004  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner
not strong for the woods like if you get worked with something it is going to rip
I've never seen a pair of ripped CADPAT; ever. It's the same material as our old OD's; which I can only guess isn't too different from the US BDUs.
December 30th, 2004  
Pete031

yeah, it's different... the Americans have ripstop which is really good material... Ours do rip and there is usually a shortage of new ones (we call them combats in Canada) but the supply system is getting better... also, the material melts to the skin if burned... sort of sucks eh?? But you get on with what you got... another question... why does our tac vest only have room for 4 magazines (not including the one on your weapon)???