Diet? - Page 2

--

June 17th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
He can lose weight and build strength at the same time.
He can't. Better, he can but he shouldn't. Results, if ever achieved, would be shortlasting and the entire organism. In order to avoid Yo yo effect, he'd better lose weight first, and work on muscles only afterwards. Or else he would just gain weight back in 2 weeks.
June 17th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
He can't. Better, he can but he shouldn't. Results, if ever achieved, would be shortlasting and the entire organism. In order to avoid Yo yo effect, he'd better lose weight first, and work on muscles only afterwards. Or else he would just gain weight back in 2 weeks.
He can. I told him how in my post. You may disagree all you like, many do. It works, I have my butterballs do it and it is healthy. Enough said.
June 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Well then I guess you should give RnderSafe a try: in my opinion though, that works only for people still in their teens. The 20 y/o guy could do it, but hey dont pressure me dude !
--
June 18th, 2004  
Nick E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Don't push him too hard at first. 2 miles is a challenge for him .. so do 2 miles. When he's running 2 miles fairly well, go to 2 1/2 .. then 3, etc.

As for his diet, Pogue gave good advice. 4-5 smaller meals and 3-4 quarts of water everyday. They key is to burn more calories during work-out than you take in during meal time.

Have him do 20 mins in the weight room .. work his upper body, weights - bicep curls, push ups/ bench press, tricep extensions etc for 10 mins .. and his lower body, squats, curls, leg extensions etc for 10 mins. So, say he bench presses 200lbs for 1:00min and his arms are tired .. have him do situps/crunches for 2:00 mins .. then do some squats - then back to upper body while the lower body rests. Make sure it's continuous, whatever time you set, don't stop the workout until time is up. It is called a circuit workout, no matter what he's working, he's keeping his cardo going and giving his upper/lower body a rest by alternating exercises. Two birds with one stone.

But, as has been said - his diet is important. Healthy foods, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish and other lean meats in small portions.
I saw that one in a book. It was the Highest Rated. there were a few others but this was the best. the book was 'Getting Fit, The Real Way'. U can buy it from Chapeters Book Store. It also Reccomended Mountain Biking and Swimming.