"Did you know?" Random TidBits and Facts!

The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.

(I know your not supposed to double post but I found this and I have to post it before I go which is now)

Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.

The duration record for a face-slapping contest was set in Kiev, USSR, in 1931 when a draw was declared between Bezbordny and Goniusch after 30 hours.

The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.

tomtom22 said:
Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
Holy :cen:

It's against the law in Chicago to eat in a place that is on fire.

All pet hamsters are descended from a single female wild golden hamster found with a litter of 12 young in Syria in 1930.

Sam Ketterling has recently petitioned the court to have a local surgeon cut off his left hand although there is no physical reason to do so. In 1908 a German neurologist discovered a disorder called Alien Hand Syndrome whereby a person loses control of one's hand. Ketterling said in court papers that his hand was trying "to kill him" and that it was only because his right hand was stronger that he could rest the left hand away from his throat. The court denied Ketterling's request after acknowledging this rare condition.

Back