deployment

mvilla2426

I apologize for posting this...... I don't even know if its allowable or not.

I'm just feeling a little lonely tonight. I have not heard from my deployed soldier for almost two weeks now. Thats actually a lot longer than you might think because we have been able to talk almost every day via the internet. I don't even know if you all want to hear me talk about this or not, or if you feel like its appropriate....

Anyway.... I just had to vent somewhere....... I don't know what it is like to be a deployed soldier...... but I know what it is like from my end, and its not easy at times...... But I couldn't imagine doing this before the days of the internet.

Go ahead and post. We all need to vent sometime. A lot of us are feeling the same way. My bro in law is deployed, and the last time I heard his voice was in July, and the last time I talked to him at all was mid April. But I wasn't used to talking to him in the first place.

My grandma and I were talkin about how hard it would be before the time of phones and such. I mean, the mail wasn't very reliable, and I don't know if I could go that long not knowing. Jeez.

No worries mvilla. Don't slack off writing him letters though, even in this cadidiot's experience it feels awful nice to get those envelopes.

I wouldn’t worry so much if I were you. There have been times I wasn’t able to call home or email for three or four weeks. Just because you don’t/haven’t heard from him lately, doesn’t mean something horrible has happened. More than likely, it’s a security reason. A lot of times communications are cut off to stop information from leaking. He could be at a bare base that doesn’t have communications up and running yet. There are several reasons…but like Redneck said, don’t stop writing those letters. You’ll never know how important they are to a soldier. It is the only feeling of “home” we get. And don’t feel bad about venting. You’re not the only one who has gone through this. Us military folks stick together. That includes the loved ones back home!

Oh I'm not worried. I get discouraged sometimes. I do write letters. I sometimes amaze myself with the dedication I have..... Technically I'm his ex-girlfriend, we broke up a week before he left (because he was leaving).

I write at least a letter a week, usually more, and I e-mail every day.

I'm a little discouraged right now, is all...........

deploymet

Don't be too concerned yet. I remember when I was in Nam I hadn't gotten a letter in almost two weeks so I wrote a nasty letter to my girl friend. I go 10 letters the next day. They had been held up some where.
Hang in there you'll hear from him soon.

FutureOKtrooper said:
I wouldn’t worry so much if I were you. There have been times I wasn’t able to call home or email for three or four weeks. Just because you don’t/haven’t heard from him lately, doesn’t mean something horrible has happened. More than likely, it’s a security reason. A lot of times communications are cut off to stop information from leaking. He could be at a bare base that doesn’t have communications up and running yet. There are several reasons…but like Redneck said, don’t stop writing those letters. You’ll never know how important they are to a soldier. It is the only feeling of “home” we get. And don’t feel bad about venting. You’re not the only one who has gone through this. Us military folks stick together. That includes the loved ones back home!

That includes all of us.

Re: deploymet

smitty said:
Don't be too concerned yet. I remember when I was in Nam I hadn't gotten a letter in almost two weeks so I wrote a nasty letter to my girl friend. I go 10 letters the next day. They had been held up some where.
Hang in there you'll hear from him soon.

oh no! Please tell me you wrote her again asking forgiveness???

Bein deployed is one of the hardest things for a military persons family to go through. There are times that he will be thinkin of writin and not be able to, like futureOKtrooper said there are several reasons why he is not able to write at this time. As one that has been there, those letters that you are writin him mean more than you will ever know, he will not even be able to put it into word how encouragin that they are. Hang in there and you will hear something. We are here for anything you need.

Back