to you democrats and bush haters in general - Page 2

--
Boots

April 11th, 2004  
Jamoni

LOL, yeah, we've NEVER managed to pay off our debts! This country has been in debt since about 1792. Don't get confused by "Deficit" and "Debt".
Deficit means we're spending more than we're making in taxes. Debt is the amount of money we had to borrow to cover the deficit. So If I earn $2000 this month, but spend $3000, my deficit is $1000. I borrow $1000 and THAT is my debt. If I do the same thing next month, My deficit is still $1000, but my debt is $2000. Get it? So while balancing the budget is a GOOD thing, it is NOT the same as paying off our debt. Of course, Bush has created RECORD DEFICITS AND DEBT, to the tune of:
$750 BILLION deficit,
$7 TRILLION debt. (NOT $700 trillion )
He's worse than my ex wife.
Oh, and the interest alone on our debt is about 5 times what we spend on education.
April 11th, 2004  
Janie

Considering inflation, what does that work out to in comparison to 1792, or any other administration of your choice?
April 12th, 2004  
Darkmb101

hey tactical u have to be polite on this forum. all opinions r welcome, but insults arent.

Anyways Jamoni i dont think your math is correct because Clinton cleared most of our foreign debt.
--
Boots
April 12th, 2004  
TacticalEdge

Topic: my apologies

i tend to get .. aggitated when people misunderstand information.... i ment to say that he was wrong that is all..... thank you for informing me of my unkind nature
April 12th, 2004  
Darkmb101

dont worry about it, all is forgiven. but dont do it again
April 13th, 2004  
Jamoni

http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

Did you read my post, MB? Clinton balanced the BUDGET, so we were making more than we were spending, and he DID pay off a portion of the DEBT, something like 300 billion dollars, but he did NOT pay all of it off, or even MOST of it.
Janie, LOL, great question! I haven't a clue.
I think it's funny that the GOP claims to be all about good business and financial growth, but can't even balance their checkbook.
April 13th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Jamoni u wrote $700 TRILLION NOT 7 trillion. I know that clintion did not clear most of the nation's debt. Perhaps, i was misinformed about clinton clearing our debt to foreign countries, but he did clear some of it.
April 13th, 2004  
Jamoni

I sure did, didn't I? That WOULD be a huge problem! Sorry, guys.
April 13th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Clinton? Okay, let's talk about Clinton. A highly educated, well-versed, and professional spin artist extraordinaire... a/k/a bonafide ********. The spin was so professional and so masterful that he fooled the world for 8 years. Looking back on Northern Ireland, the Middle East, Somalia, Haiti, COPS program, about 99% of his foreign and domestic policy was absolutely smoke and mirrors... The true smart guys that kept things rolling and kept the public from looking deep into the heart of the administration were Robert Rubin and an inherited financial genius, Alan Greenspan. An economy based on non-existent income (highly-inflated), dot bomb (com), served to provide vast amounts of funding through capital gains taxes, federal income taxes, as well as state and local taxes... Money was flush, jobs could be had by anyone, and the public never questioned the true nature of the administration. And that is just scratching the surface. He really helped this country, yes siree!
April 14th, 2004  
Janie

I'm in your camp, RnderSafe. Not often you find a voice of reason.