Death of the UCP. - Page 2

--

June 29th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwhassup
I stand corrected, apparently they want Multicam

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...2887570&rank=1

GOSH DARN IT!, So close to America's birthday and we are forced to consider the camo patterns of the crown! What happened?
June 29th, 2012  
lolwhassup

Well ****, to be honest with you, I'm kinda ticked because by the time i return from AIT with several new sets of ACUs, they're gonna make me turn them all in and get new Multicams. But hey, at least uniforms won't look like **** anymore after we switch.
June 30th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwhassup
Well ****, to be honest with you, I'm kinda ticked because by the time i return from AIT with several new sets of ACUs, they're gonna make me turn them all in and get new Multicams. But hey, at least uniforms won't look like **** anymore after we switch.

Hopfully this is a more permenant solution this time, 8 years doesn't seem like a long service record for a uniform pattern.
--
February 27th, 2014  
Remington 1858

The U.S. General Accounting Office recently issued a report critical of the U.S. Armed Forces in general and the U.S. Army in particular over the waste and duplication in camouflage clothing programs. The report, however, praised the U.S. Marines for developing an effective pattern at minimal cost.
The U.S. Army has used a number of camouflage patterns and none have been entirely satisfactory. About five billion dollars have spent on these programs. The Air Force and Navy were criticized for not simply adopting an existing design instead of insisting on a unique pattern of their own.
Congress has made it known that they will not support any more of this nonsense, although I'll bet that they would if it benefitted a powerful members district. In any case, with the forthcoming deep budget cuts, there is likely to be no more new patterns emerging. It probably also means that the existing patterns, even those that are known not to be effective will be around for while.
It interesting to note that a private company, Crye Assoc. has developed most of the better como patterns, including Multi-Cam. The British simply purchased the rights to that pattern from Crye.
February 27th, 2014  
brinktk

I don't know why the Army just doesn't go to the Multi Cam as the standard camo pattern for duty and deployment. The UCP has been a disaster and I can honestly say it is universally hated throughout the Army because of its' ineffectiveness. The Multi Cam has been used successfully by SOF throughout the duration of the GWOT and is currently the pattern issued to soldiers going to Afghanistan with great success and feedback. Why they insist on reinventing the wheel with all this stuff is beyond me...