yes 31 75.61%
no 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 12th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Topic: Death Penalty

Should criminals such as murderers be given the death penalty?

I personally believe so because there are some crooks living off of federal money with more luxuries than some of the citizens.
May 12th, 2004  
IrishWizard

I voted yes. The reason I think this is because I go by the saying of an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. They took someones life when it is not needed to be done, so they deserve it. Don't want to ramble on but theres my 2 cents.
May 13th, 2004  
Marksman

Yep,They sould be "Shocked"
--
Boots
May 13th, 2004  
Italian Guy

My personal view is that I'm actually against. I mean don't get me wrong I have been in favor for my whole life but I've opened my eyes recently.
It's nothing like a moral, religious or spiritual obligation to not take a murderer's life- nothing like the crap of " Oh well it's nobody's right to take someone's life" and such. Religious and moral obligation should go out the window when you have a constitution saying death penalty is the law.
And people shouldn't be distracted by the non-satisfying justice machine or murderers still out on the streets- Death penalty is not a quick fix for an imperfect justice.
The only one reason why I'm against it is very simple: judiciary blunders, mistakes, errors, call it what you will. It happens so often that when DNA test are run ( After someone's execution ) or trials are reopened yrs later, they find those guys were innocents. Can you just imagine how many innocent people have been killed by the State then? I mean I would agree with DP if I had the opportunity of being positive one is guilty. Since it very often happens that innocents are put to death, though, I don't think we should enforce a disposition which makes it possible to cause even only one innocent death.
Hope you'll get what I mean.
May 13th, 2004  
AlexKall

I'll say, no!
May 13th, 2004  
Italian Guy

No you didn't get what I meant or no you're against DP?
May 13th, 2004  
Redleg

I agree with you Italian.

The death penalty can be appropriate in certain cases, but then it must be 110% absolutely certain that he/she is guilty!
1 innocent killed is not worth it, even if it was 1 out of 10,000 guilty (or more...)
May 13th, 2004  
Pollux

i also voted for no, because of two reasons
1. the things italianforus mentioned
2. i think that would an too easy way to get out.
I think those guys should have time the rest of their lifes to think about what tey have done. alone in a cell with 20 minutes outside per day for the rest of his life.In not such a sissy jail like we got them here...
May 13th, 2004  
Achilles

ya kill someone you should die, no quarter, murder is wrong, its just like stealing, you steal another persons right to life. I find it sad that you only get the death penalty if the killing was done in some barbaric manner, or your lawyer is incapable. [img][/img]
May 13th, 2004  
Mark Conley

I believe the death penalty needs to be applied if and when a person kills another pre-meditativly...and has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they are guilty.

maybee the act is not rational for a civilised society. i dont know and i wont debate it...the only thing I know is that once you put a murderer to death they dont get the chance to do it again.